|Mayor||Horst Schneider (SPD)|
|Area||44.90 km2 (17.34 sq mi)|
|Elevation||98 m (322 ft)|
|Population||117,546 (31 December 2006)|
|- Density||2,618 /km2 (6,780 /sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
|Postal codes||63001 - 63075|
Offenbach is a city in the German state of Hesse. It is on the river Main near Frankfurt am Main. The city has about 120,000 people. The Deutscher Wetterdienst (German weather service) is in Offenbach.
Until the early 1970s the economy of Offenbach was mainly the machine-building and leather industries. The city is the home of the German Association for Electrical, Electronic and Information Technologies until today.
Offenbach has the following twin cities:
- France, Puteaux, since 1955
- Luxembourg, Esch-sur-Alzette, since 1956
- Austria, Mödling, since 1956
- Belgium Sint Gillis/Saint-Gilles-les-Bruxelles, Brussels, since 1956
- China, Yangzhou, since 1997
- Serbia, Zemun, since 1956
- Italy, Velletri, since 1957
- Japan, Kawagoe, since 1973
- Nicaragua, Rivas, since 1986
- Hungary, Köszeg, since 1995
Offenbach Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.