- This page was last modified on 16 July 2021, at 10:44.
PB&J Otter facts for kids
From left to right: Peanut Otter, Baby Butter Otter, and Jelly Otter.
|Genre||Children's television series
|Created by||Jim Jinkins|
|Voices of||Jenell Slack-Wilson
Gina Marie Tortorici
Bruce Bayley Johnson
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||9|
|No. of episodes||75 (128 segments) (list of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Jim Jinkins
|Running time||11–23 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Walt Disney Television Animation
Animation production: Plus One Animation
|Distributor||Buena Vista Television|
|Original network||Playhouse Disney|
|Picture format||NTSC (4:3) (1998-2003) (480i) NTSC (16:9) (720i) (2004)|
|Audio format||Stereo (1998-2002) Mono (2003-2004)|
|Original release||March 15, 1998– June 19, 2004|
PB&J Otter is an American animated musical children's television series which premiered on Disney Channel's preschool block (Playhouse Disney) on March 15, 1998. A total of 65 episodes were produced during the course of its three-season run, with the final episode airing on September 24, 2000 (although a Beach Day episode was the last aired episode, on June 19, 2004). The series centers on the Otter family who live in the rural fishing community of Lake Hoohaw. Most stories revolve around the Otter kids: older brother Peanut, younger sister Jelly and baby sister Butter (named after the peanut butter and jelly sandwich), as well as their friends and neighbors.
The show was created by Jim Jinkins, who also created Doug and Allegra's Window, and executive-produced by David Campbell in close conjunction with Harvard University's Cognitive Skills Group, "Project Zero". The Group's job was to monitor each and make sure the material had a positive educational message. This show features songs by Dan Sawyer, Fred Newman and Rich Mendoza.
PB&J Otter was nominated for an Annie Award for outstanding music in an animated show in 2000.
List of PB&J Otter episodes
- Peanut Otter (voiced by Adam Rose) – The eldest brother of the family and the group's other leader. He is smart and can be a little funny at times, but always loyal. He hates dancing especially the Noodle Dance, but always does it anyways. His fur is red and he wears white socks and brown loafers.
- Baby Butter Otter (voiced by Gina Marie Tortorici) – The baby otter and the youngest of the family. She does not talk much, but will say an odd word every now and then. Her fur is light brown and she wears a diaper and blue baby shoes.
- Jelly Otter (voiced by Jenell Slack-Wilson) – The middle child of the otter children and leader of the group, She often comes up with ideas that are creative but sometimes are not feasible. Her fur is violet with purple bobcat hair, and she wears pink socks and black-and-white saddle shoes.
- Opal Otter (voiced by Gwen Shepherd) – PB&J's mother and the wife of Ernest Otter. She is caring but can be strict when necessary. She works at home as a seamstress and sometimes babysits the neighborhood children. She is also a good baker. Her fur is purple, she has a purple afro hair and wears thick glasses, a pink headband, a pink apron with colored fish and pink slippers and sometimes, she wears a seashell necklace that doubles as a clock.
- Ernest Otter (voiced by Chris Phillips) – PB&J's father and the husband of Opal Otter. He owns a general store-boat on Lake Hoohaw. His fur is blue-grey and has a little tuft of blue hair and he wears a red tie and white collar and brown shoes.
- Pinch Raccoon (voiced by Cody Pennes) – A raccoon who is very much a lovely girly girl and enjoys being so. She likes tea parties, ballet, flowers, dresses, lace and the color pink. She has a healthy imagination and likes stories of castles, princesses and adventure. She is Jelly's best friend. Her fur is blue and she wears a pink bow on her head, pink socks and Mary-Jane shoes.
- Scootch Raccoon (also voiced by Cody Pennes) – Pinch's little brother. He is rambunctious and bursting with energy and is often seen to run towards people or things yelling "Yahhhh!!!" When he’s around, things often tend to get knocked over or broken. Scootch, however, is never intentionally mean, Scootch simply has trouble containing his energy due to his young age. After knocking something or someone over, he will always apologize with the phrase "Sorry, sorry, my fault." Sometimes he feels left out due to his clumsiness, but everybody loves him, including Pinch. He is Baby Butter's best friend. His fur is grey and he wears fish-like shoes. Unlike the rest of his family, he does not have a pointed nose.
- Munchy Beaver (voiced by Chris Phillips) – A beaver who known in particular for two things—his semi-obsession with wood and his nervous behavior, often lacking self-confidence. He is Peanut's best friend. His fur is brown and he wears blue shoes.
- Flick Duck (voiced by Eddie Korbich) – A duck who hides a soft, caring interior underneath his often tough and "cool" exterior. He speaks with an obnoxious, raspy voice. He has been known at times to be boastful and self-absorbed. He often leads the gang into trouble with his brilliant plans and ends up paying the price for his actions. He also tends to bully Munchy and wants the position of Peanut's best friend. On the other hand, he can easily be a good friend to others when he wants to and really quite enjoys playing together with others and helping out. His catchphrase is "Cheese and quackers!". After much practice and perseverance, he learned how to fly, and used the new ability at times during the rest of the show's run. His feathers are white and he wears a white collar and red and white shoes shaped like duck’s feet. In the episode "Eye Spy", it is revealed that he has to wear glasses while reading.
- Ootsie and Bootsie Snootie (both voiced by Eddie Korbich) - Two rich poodle twins. They are never seen without each other. They can be rather stuck-up. Ootsie, the brother of the duo, has purple fur with a blue pompadour hairstyle and wears black shoes. He displays a mature, entitled attitude and speaks with a very posh Northern American accent. His sister Bootsie, on the other hand, has light pink fur with a medium pink butch hairstyle and wears blue closed-toed high-heel shoes. She is even more spoiled than her brother, and she is hot-tempered and easily stressed. The accent with which she speaks is not as sophisticated and leans more toward that of southwestern Ohio. Nevertheless, Ootsie and Bootsie can also be good friends to everyone in Lake Hoohaw when they want to and really just want to have fun like the other kids. They often complete sentences in tandem with each other. Since their parents are rich, they always have the latest toys, but often grow bored with them. They are shown to be quite clever and stealthy as well. For example, in the episode "Invitation to the Snooties", they blackmail Edouard into ordering outrageous items for their birthday party. When Ootsie and Bootsie join in the singing during some of the show's songs, the latter often sings an octave higher than everyone else.
- Anna "Aunt Nanner" Otter (voiced by Nancy Giles) – Opal's sister. Nanner is quite adventurous and travels around the world but still has time for her family. Married to her husband, Redolfo. Her fur is lavender and she has blonde hair and wears blue and green glasses, red lipstick, a gold necklace, a blue belt with a yellow buckle and matching bracelets and blue and brown sandals with white flowers.
- Wanda Raccoon (voiced by Corinne Orr) – Pinch and Scootch’s mother. She is the post raccoon for Lake Hoohaw and it is her job to send letters. Despite being the post carrier and caregiver, she still has time for her family. Her fur is light grey, and her hair tuft is a darker shade of grey. She wears a teal apron and headband and red and brown sneakers with red socks when she is home. When she is seen driving her mail boat, she has a pochettes around her. She speaks with a speech impediment where her “L” sounds are pronounced like “W” sounds.
- Walter Raccoon (Voiced by Chris Phillips) - Pinch and Scootch’s father and Wanda’s husband. He operates Lake Hoohaw's recycling boat and also helps people with household problems. He works the late evening to night shift and sleeps during the day. As such, he is often away from home or sleeping when his kids are awake, but he does his best to be a good father to them. His fur is brown and when he is working, he is usually seen wearing a pair of yellow overalls with a recycling symbol, along with a red cap and boots and when he is sleeping, he is seen wearing a violet nightgown and cap.
- Shirley Duck (voiced by Corinne Orr) – Flick's mother. Very softhearted, She rarely so much as raises her voice to Flick, much less punishes him. Flick takes advantage of this whenever possible. Her feathers are white, she has blonde hair and wears a white collar, a green apron and sandals.
- Betty-Lou Beaver (voiced by Corinne Orr) – Munchy's mother. She works as a construction supervisor and is proud of Munchy and tries to help him become more outspoken. Her fur is brown, has brown hair with a ponytail and she wears red lipstick, a brown construction belt and boots.
- Mayor Jeff (voiced by Bruce Bayley Johnson) – The mayor of Lake Hoohaw. He is a wise, old otter who loves to help out the kids. He also has a collection of bottle caps, stamps, toilet seats, license plates, shells and leaves. His fur is blue, has white bushy eyebrows and a white beard and he wears a brown striped Sherpa hat with ear flaps, half-moon glasses, a purple scarf and brown boots.
- Cap'n Crane (voiced by Chris Phillips) – is a 'watchbird' which he calls himself. He keeps an eye on Lake Hoohaw and its population, in order to keep everyone safe, though he tends to overdo it from time to time, often being too safe for his own good, which tends to complicate things, though his heart is in the right place. His catchphrase is 'Watchbird Alert!'. He is Connie Crane's husband. His feathers are white and he wears a red hat, red and white sneakers and is always seen holding binoculars.
- Connie Crane (voiced by Jackie Hoffman) – Cap'n Crane's wife. She is usually seen sleeping and is often woken by Cap'n for unimportant alarms. She tends to think Cap'n overdoes his job a bit and generally keeps an eye on him to keep him from making mistakes. She is very sarcastic most of the time. Her feathers are white. She has purple hair and wears a pink hat with blue scarf, sunglasses and blue sandals.
- Edouard Snootie (voiced by Eddie Korbich) – Ootsie and Bootsie's father who is also the wealthiest man in Lake Hoohaw. He is usually seen talking on his cell phone to Georgina or his clients. He spoils Ootsie and Bootsie, but he can be quick to punish them if necessary. When bidding other people goodbye, he often tells them to "have a rich day". He has purple fur like Ootsie, dark brown hair, and wears a yellow bow tie, green glasses, and brown loafers.
- Georgina Snootie (voiced by Corinne Orr) – Ootsie and Bootsie's mother. Her fur is a darker shade of pink than Bootsie's, with reddish-pink hair and wears blue eye shadow, red lipstick, a gold necklace and earrings and black high-heel shoes.
- Bubbles (voiced by Chris Phillips) - The Otters’ pet fish. In the episode “Bubbles’ Beginnings”, it is revealed that he originally belonged to the Snooties, but after PB&J took care of him, the Snooties let them keep him.
- Billy Duck – Flick's older cousin. He was once thought to be a bully by the Lake Hoohaw kids due to Flick's remembering something improperly, but he turned out to be kind. He may look scary, because Billy has a stern expression, nevertheless he still smiles and is kind to the ones around him. Like Flick, Billy likes to read Mallard Man comics. He wears a backwards baseball cap and cowboy boots.
- Ricky Raccoon – Pinch's and Scootch's cousin. He is also kind, and he may be a little older than Pinch since he wears a red necktie. When he came to visit, he talked about his life in the city, causing Jelly to call him a show-off. He is also a germaphobe.
- Simon Fieldmouse – is a little field mouse who mistook Flick for Old Tim, the Ice Moose (The Hoohaw version of Santa Claus) His greatest wish was to fly. In his episode, He taught Flick to care about others. Flick dressed himself as Old Tim and flew Simon to the stage where everybody, including Simon's parents, was there. His only appearance was in the episode, "The Ice Moose". He has brown fur.
- Redolfo (voiced by Doug Preis) – A handsome, muscular otter who Aunt Nanner befriended. They eventually fell in love and got married in the episode “Nanner Says “I Do””. He has brown fur, dark brown hair, and wears a green sleeveless muscle shirt, white sandals, and sunglasses.
- Captain Camel – Did not speak in his only appearance, which was in “Opal and the New Otter”. He sold his boat to Ernest Otter so that Ernest could open up a store boat.
- The Muskrat family – A family including Mr. and Mrs. Muskrat, Doris Muskrat, Wally Muskrat, and three babies. They make small cameos in some episodes and speak with Texas accents.
- - Disney Channel United Kingdom