PollyWorld facts for kids
Quick facts for kidsPollyWorld
|Directed by||Bill Moore|
|Produced by||Kate Treacy|
|Written by||Elise Allen|
Tabitha St. Germain
|Music by||Eric Colvin|
|Distributed by||Universal Studios Home Entertainment|
|Release date(s)||November 14, 2006|
|Running time||70 minutes|
PollyWorld is a Canadian-American-Korean direct-to-video animated film from Universal Studios, based on the Polly Pocket toy franchise. It is the third film preceding Lunar Eclipse and 2 Cool at the Pocket Plaza, and the only one that is feature-length. It premiered on November 12, 2006, on Nickelodeon and later on Cartoon Network in the United States, and was released on DVD the following Tuesday.
Polly Pocket and her four friends get to be part of their favorite TV show, 'Roll Like That', which puts teams of five through several challenges to win money for the charity of their choice.
As the challenges begin, however, Polly learns that her father is engaged to a woman named Lorali, who secretly wants to get Polly out of the way. Polly and her friends also have to try to get past the scheming Beth, who teams up with Lorali to get Polly to be sent to boarding school.
Faced with the prospect of losing everything she loves, her friends, family, and home, Polly decides to make this weekend the best ever.
- "Welcome To My World", performed by Michèle Vice-Maslin
- "Smile", performed by Simply Red
- "Perfect Kinda Day", performed by Sara Niemietz
- "Another Word For Change", performed by Cassidy Ladden
- "Every Day's a Holiday", performed by Robyn Newman
- "Rock N' Roll Girl", performed by Jordan McCoy
- "Rock This Town", performed by Cassidy Ladden
- "Rock U Now", performed by Cassidy Ladden
- Tegan Moss: Polly Pocket
- Chiara Zanni: Shani Mayne, Polly's African-American friend.
- Nicole Bouma: Crissy Maxwell, Polly's friend who becomes Latina or Asian in the CGI series.
- Natalie Walters: Lea Torney, an Irish-American tomboy and Polly's friend / Caroline Hall, a popstar
- Brittney Wilson: Lila Draper, a Scottish-American girly girl friend of Polly. She has short brown hair and purple eyes (red hair and green eyes in the 2018 series).
- Tabitha St. Germain: Bethany "Beth" Yvonne Thomass, the mean girl / Karl and Lark, Swedish exchange student siblings who only speak Swedish and are forced to work with Beth / Danielle "Dani"
- Jocelyne Loewen: Evelyn "Evie" (pronounced Evvie) Copper Adams, one of Beth's lackeys / Stacey
- Nicole Oliver: Victoria "Tori" Phuong-Tran, a Vietnamese-American lackey of Beth, whose name was originally switched with Evie's / Amanda
- Russell Roberts: Samuel
- Kathleen Barr: Lorelai, a gold digger who hates Polly / Producer / Elevator Voice / Lexi
- Michael Donovan: John Pocket, Polly's dad / Director
- Alessandro Juliani: Donovan
- Teryl Rothery: Ms. Marklin / Lizzie
- Andrew Francis: Rick
- Matt Hill: Todd / DJ
- Danny McKinnon: Nathan / Waiter
- Terry Klassen: Tech Guy
PollyWorld Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.