Rapids Water Park facts for kids
|Location||6566 North Military Trail, Riviera Beach, Florida, U.S.|
|Owner||EPR Properties(Not RJ)|
|Operated by||Premier Parks, LLC|
|General manager||Bryan Megrath|
|Visitors per annum||400,000|
|Area||25 acres (100,000 m2)|
The park includes 42 slides and attractions, including a wave pool (up to six-foot waves), dual seven-story speed slides, and a quarter-mile lazy river. There are also slides for children and toddlers.
The park was founded in 1979, on 4 acres (16,000 m2) of land with four water slides. It has since grown to 30 acres (120,000 m2), housing 35 slides, among other water-related attractions. In 2009, the park bought 2.2 acres (8,900 m2) just north of the park for $2.2 million.
In 2000, Miami born rapper, Trina shot her video "Pull Over" at the Park.
Rapids Water Park celebrated its 30th anniversary in 2009, inviting the racecar driver Danica Patrick to the park for the festivities.
The park appears in the film Donnie Brasco during the water park scene.
The park's website breaks the intensity of their rides and attractions into three categories:
The most intense rides includes:
- Big Thunder - A dark ProSlide Tornado with a funnel at the end. The funnel is open, 60 feet (18 m) in diameter and 55 feet (17 m) in length.
- Black Thunder - Another ProSlide Tornado slide, taking place completely in the dark.
- Raging Rapids - Four-rider raft slide.
- Riptide Raftin' - Five-rider raft slide.
- Brain Drain - Dual trapdoor water slide with a seven-story tall drop, 8 seconds long.
Rides and attractions designed for all ages include:
- Baby Blue - Single rider.
- Big Red - Single or two-rider raft.
- Body Blasters - Two dark slides, 1,000 feet (300 m) long.
- Old Yellar - The park's original four open-air water slides. Single-rider.
- Pirate's Plunge - Two speed slides;
- Tubin' Tornadoes - Two single- or double-rider raft dark slides.
Child- and family-friendly rides and areas include:
- Alligator Alley - A smaller-scale version of Criss Crossing.
- Big Surf - A wave pool covering 25,000 square feet (2,300 m2).
- Criss Crossing - A pool guest can attempt to jump across using slippery, floating objects and an over-head net.
- FlowRider - continuous 35 mph simulated wave pool.
- Lazy River - A lazy river ride that can be used for transportation around the park.
- Splash Hill - Eight slides, including two racing slides and two dark slides.
- Splish Splash Lagoon - Three family slides and play pools.
- BareFootin' Bay- A water play structure with interactive features like sprayers, 3 slides and a giant pineapple tipping bucket.
Rapids Water Park Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.