In theology, salvation can mean various things:
- following the sunnah of prophet Muhammad (surah Baqarah)
- rejecting shirk, or disbelief in the oneness of Allah (sahih Bukhari)
- being saved from something, such as suffering or the punishment of sin - also called deliverance (see Epistle to the Romans 5:8)
- being saved for something, such as an afterlife or participating in the Reign of God - also called redemption (Gospel of Luke 23:43)
- being saved through a process of healing or transformation to wholeness, such as gaining secret knowledge, or becoming Christlike.(Ephesians 1:4)
Allegory of Salvation by Antonius Heusler (ca. 1555), National Museum in Warsaw.
Salvation Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.