Six Flags Hurricane Harbor Phoenix facts for kids
Quick facts for kidsSix Flags Hurricane Harbor Phoenix
|Location||Phoenix, Arizona, United States|
|Operated by||Six Flags Entertainment Corporation|
|Opened||July 1, 2009|
|Previous names||WaterWorld Safari
Wet ‘n’ Wild Phoenix (2009–2019)
|Operating season||Mid March - Mid October|
|Area||35 acres (14 ha)|
|Water slides||7 water slides|
|Children's areas||3 children's areas|
|Website||Six Flags Hurricane Harbor Phoenix|
Six Flags Hurricane Harbor Phoenix is a water park located in Phoenix, Arizona. The park is situated on approximately 35 acres (14 ha) of land, making it the largest theme park in the state. It is located in North Phoenix at Adobe Dam Regional Park near Pinnacle Peak.
WaterWorld Safari originally opened on the site of Wet'n'Wild Phoenix. After Village Roadshow Limited invested over $30 million in the park on ownership, and new attractions, Wet'n'Wild Phoenix opened its doors to the public July 1, 2009. At opening the park had over 30 rides. In November 2013, CNL Lifestyle Properties purchased Wet'n'Wild Phoenix from Village Roadshow, along with the rights for the Wet'n'Wild brand in the United States. CNL Lifestyle Properties previously purchased Wet'n'Wild Hawaii from Village Roadshow, with both properties set to be operated by Premier Parks, LLC from the 2014 season.
Management of the park was subsequently taken over by Six Flags and in 2019 it changed its name to Six Flags Hurricane Harbor Phoenix.
Due to concerns of the COVID-19 pandemic, Six Flags announced a suspension of operations across the company on March 13, 2020. Six Flags Hurricane Harbor Phoenix was scheduled to open for the 2020 season a day later on March 14. The water park opened the 2020 season on June 12, the first Six Flags water park to do so with new rules and regulations. By 29 June, the state government made an order that water parks that were currently operating in the state, had to close again due to the uprising in COVID-19 cases in the state. In early August, Six Flags announced that the rest of the 2020 operating season had been canceled and that Six Flags Hurricane Harbor Phoenix looks forward to open again in 2021.
- Anaconda: Riders speed down the enclosed flume slide into a series of corkscrew turns, snaking back and forth in the series of spirals, slithering down its insides on multi-person rafts. Riders must be at least 42 in (110 cm) to ride.
- Bahama Blasters: The first and only racing water coaster in the world, this unique ride allows guests to race in tandem tubes down two side-by-side slide tracks. Double Riders must be at least 48 in (120 cm) to ride while single riders must be at least 60 in (150 cm) to ride.
- Hurricane Bay: Ride four-foot high swells in a tube, or body surf for the ultimate ocean experience. Guests under 48 in (120 cm) must wear a life jacket and be accompanied by a supervising companion.
- Bonzai Pipelines: Guests can choose to brave the fully enclosed slides on their own or grab a friend for a tandem ride down to the awaiting splash pool. Riders must be at least 48 in (120 cm) to ride.
- Wahoo Racers: From four stories high, the Wahoo Racers takes guests head-first on a racing mat into an enclosed tube, and then loops them into a six-lane downhill speedway. Riders must be at least 42 in (110 cm) to ride.
- Tornado: Guests begin their journey being catapulted from 38 feet (12 m) in the air through a 160-foot (49 m) tunnel before plummeting into the eye of the storm. Riders must be at least 48 in (120 cm) to ride.
- Adventure River: Enjoy a whole new ride experience on the Adventure River! It went under a major transformation from a really LAZY river to one that's sure to please the whole family with wave action, tipping buckets, waterfalls, and fast flowing water. There is no height requirement but, weak or non-swimmers are recommended to wear a life jacket that is provided free of cost.
- Serpentine Complex: Riders can plummet through the snake-like tubes and fight the centrifugal forces of the super bowl which pulls riders around and around before abruptly releasing into the exit tube for splash down! Rider must be at least 48 in (120 cm) to ride.
- Big Kahuna: Guests take a family raft winding down over 600 feet (180 m) of the Big Kahuna's canyon walls, around sharp turns, and over steep drops giving your group tons of wall time. Riders must be at least 42 in (110 cm) to ride.
- Mammoth Falls:Guests drop 57 feet (17 m) before the raft goes vertical, shooting up a wall, then falling back to experience weightlessness before arriving safely to the calm waters below. Riders must be at least 42 in (110 cm) to ride.
- Soak 'em Playground: An interactive children's spray ground perfect for the youngest guests and filled with interactive water activities! Guests over 60 in (150 cm) should be accompanied by a child.
- Splash Island: This multi-level complex weaves colorful, interactive elements throughout five fun zones, nine slides and more. Riders must be at least 44 in (110 cm) to ride slides over 8 feet (2.4 m) in length. Riders must be at least 36 in (91 cm) to ride slides under 8 feet (2.4 m) in length. Guests over 60 in (150 cm) must be accompanied by a child.
- Coconut Bay: Coconut Bay is a kid sized water park created especially for kids and families. The Coconut Bay section of the park features kid-friendly versions of some of the park's most thrilling attractions, plus water toys, spray zones, and tons of shade. Riders must be at least 36 in (91 cm) to ride.
- Splashwater Beach: A 4,700-square-foot (440 m2) kid's pool and interactive play structure similar to Splash Island inside Coconut Bay.
Food & Beverage
- Tidal Wave Café: Serves up hamburgers, hot dogs, corn dogs, chicken, and pizzas.
- Sharky's Subs & Subs: Sharky's was the ideal getaway for the 21 and over crowd serving an assortment of beer, frozen margaritas, and wine beverages to accompany a tasty meal. Located west of the Wave Pool. (No longer operated as of the 2016 season)
- Surfer's Sweets & Ice Cream: Visit for a scoop of an old-time favorite, Thrifty Ice Cream. Guests can choose from 16 of their favorite flavors or enjoy a cool, refreshing soft serve ice cream. Surfer's Sweets also offers a wide range of candy sure to please all ages in addition to root beer floats, cotton candy, and other traditional theme park treats. Located in the Main Entrance Plaza.
- Food and Beverage Carts: Visitors can enjoy multiple snacks and refreshing beverages including Dippin' Dots and Snowie shaved ice. Located at various locations throughout the park.
Six Flags Hurricane Harbor Phoenix Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.