Starring Tracy Beaker facts for kids
|Media type||Print (Paperback and Hardback)|
|Preceded by||The Dare Game|
|Followed by||Tracy Beaker's Thumping Heart|
Starring Tracy Beaker is a 2006 British children's book, written by Jacqueline Wilson, and illustrated by Nick Sharratt. The book was first released on 5 October 2006, and was published by Doubleday. This is the third book of the daring Tracy (although it's the second book chronologically in the series), and this time she's up to more fun and games. Tracy's school/class are doing a play, "A Christmas Carol" and Tracy would dearly love a role. She gets the leading role in the school play (Ebenezer Scrooge) but messes it up by punching her enemy, Justine Littlewood in the nose. Tracy gets back the role near the end of the book because the other kids who are auditioning for Scrooge are hopeless.
Tracy lives in a Children's Home which she calls in her point of view "The Dumping Ground". She plans on becoming an actress just like her Hollywood mum, and she plans to make a start with this great opportunity. She desperately wants her mum to come and watch her acting Scrooge. Tracy does her very best. And spends her Christmas with Cam.
- Tracy Beaker – The main character of the story, that resides in a children's home, or ,as she names, it "The Dumping Ground". Tracy has a wild, but vibrant imagination that can sometimes take her to the extreme. She's sure that her mum Carly will come back for her, but Tracy now has a foster mother called Cam.
- Cam Lawson – Tracy's foster mother. She really cares for Tracy and bothers to come down every Saturday to see her, and Tracy very much enjoys these visits.
- Jenny – Jenny is the strict, but fair head careworker of "The Dumping Ground". She hates when Tracy causes mischief and havoc around the home, but she does show a soft side too!
- Mike – A care worker at "The Dumping Ground", Mike is very caring towards Tracy and makes Spaghetti Bolognese which is her favourite!
- Elaine the Pain – Tracy's social worker. Not a help at anything in "Christmas mode" and always blubs on about Cheek and Attitude and Silly Offensive Personal Remarks that could be really hurtful.
- Peter "Weed" Ingham – Peter lost his parents when he was younger and then went to live with his Nan. Unfortunately, she died shortly afterwards. This tragedy meant that Peter had to live at the Dumping Ground. He is desperately trying to be friends with Tracy, who is always calling him a "weed". When Tracy is kicked out of the school play for giving Justine a nosebleed, he gets Tracy her role back by sending a signed petition to the headteacher upon hearing the school cannot get a good enough replacement, although it was questioned how genuine the petition was, because some of the signatures included were from Mickey Mouse, Homer Simpson, David Beckham and Robbie Williams.
- Justine Littlewood – Tracy's arch-enemy who disbelieves in Tracy's tales and teases her about mother, Carly. She is cast in the role of Jacob Marley in the play.
- Louise – Both Tracy and Justine's friend. Unfortunately, Tracy no longer trusts her.
- Mrs Darlow – Tracy's school headteacher.
- Miss Simpkins – Tracy's Art and Drama teacher.
There are three Tracy Beaker books in the series.
Starring Tracy Beaker Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.