Structure of Earth facts for kids
Layers of the Earth
- crust - is the outermost solid shell of a rocky planet, dwarf planet, or natural satellite.
- Mantle - is a layer inside a planetary body bounded below by a core and above by a crust.
- Outer core - is a fluid layer about 2,400 km (1,500 mi) thick and composed of mostly iron and nickel that lies above Earth's solid
- The inner core - is the innermost geologic layer of the planet Earth.
- Mass - The force exerted by Earth's gravity can be used to calculate
Images for kids
World map showing the position of the Moho.
Structure of Earth Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.