Tales from Moominvalley facts for kids
First edition (Swedish)
|Preceded by||Moominland Midwinter|
|Followed by||Moominpappa at Sea|
Tales from Moominvalley (Swedish: Det osynliga barnet och andra berättelser, literally "The Invisible Child and other stories") is the sixth book in the Moomins series by Finnish author Tove Jansson. Unlike all the other books, which were novels, it is a collection of short stories, the longest book in the series. It was first published in 1962 (second edition 1998). The book forms the basis of episodes 9, 10, 13, 24, and 36 of the 1990 series.
The book contains nine stories:
- The Spring Tune (Vårvisan)
- A Tale of Horror (En hemsk historia)
- The Fillyjonk Who Believed in Disasters (Filifjonkan som trodde på katastrofer)
- The Last Dragon in the World (Historien om den sista draken i världen)
- The Hemulen Who Loved Silence (Hemulen som älskade tystnad)
- The Invisible Child (Berättelsen om det osynliga barnet)
- The Secret of the Hattifatteners (Hatifnattarnas hemlighet)
- Cedric (Cedric)
- The Fir Tree (Granen)
Tales from Moominvalley Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.