- This page was last modified on 15 April 2021, at 14:53.
The Grasshopper & the Ants facts for kids
|Genre||Children's literature, picture book, American poetry|
|Published||2015 (Little, Brown and Company)|
|Media type||Print (hardback)|
The Grasshopper & the Ants, by Jerry Pinkney, is a 2015 adaptation of the classic Aesop fable where a grasshopper relaxes through Spring, Summer, and Autumn, while a colony of ants work at gathering food for the Winter, but although initially refusing the grasshopper's request for help, they relent and invite him in to share.
- 2015 Best Illustrated Children's Books
- 2015 Parents' Choice Picture Books Award - Gold Award
- 2016 ALA Notable Children's Book - Younger Readers
- 2016 Bank Street College of Education Best Children's Books of the Year