The Haunting Hour: Chills in the Dead of Night facts for kids
|Author||R. L. Stine|
|Cover artist||Mark Fredrickson|
|Genre||Horror fiction, Children's literature|
|Published||September 2001 HarperCollins|
|Media type||Print (Paperback and Hardcover)|
The Haunting Hour: Chills in the Dead of Night is a 2001 horror collection by R. L. Stine. It is composed of 10 new short stories by author R.L. Stine, each featuring illustrations by various artists. Only "My Imaginary Friend" was adapted into an episode of R. L. Stine's The Haunting Hour TV series. However, "The Bad Babysitter" is similar to Mrs. Worthington. "Can You Draw Me" is similar to Brush With Madness and "The Mummy's Dream" is remotely similar to Night of the Mummy.
- The Halloween Dance: Two boys are invited to a Halloween party by a band of ghouls.
- The Bad Baby Sitter: Courtney and Matt are babysat by Lulu, a strange woman who makes tasty voodoo dolls called "mud cookies."
- Revenge of the Snowman: A boy named Billy believes a person can be frozen in fear—and his belief is put to the test when he gets encased in snow to make a snowman.
- How to Bargain with a Dragon: In this sequel to "The Most Evil Sorcerer," Ned tries to save a dragon from an abusive trainer named Ulrick.
- The Mummy's Dream: Connor's prank on his friend Joana reveals his true identity.
- Are We There Yet?: Two kids staying at a motel wake up and find their parents missing and the motel overrun with rabid dogs and a graveyard in the back.
- Take Me With You: A girl named Amber discovers a spirit in a trunk that wants to possess her.
- My Imaginary Friend: David must save his brother, Travis, from the evil influence of his imaginary friend.
- Losers: Two bullying kids, Colin and Pete, who love calling people "losers," get their comeuppance at a fair.
- Can You Draw Me: A boy finds the paintbrushes of his favorite art teacher (who recently died) and becomes forced to paint his teacher's gruesome images.
The Haunting Hour: Chills in the Dead of Night Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.