Tine Thing Helseth facts for kids
|Tine Thing Helseth|
Helseth began playing trumpet when she was seven years old and stuides at the Barratt Due Institute of Music in Oslo. She has studied under both Heidi Johanessen (a member of the Norwegian National Opera Orchestra) and, since 2002, Arnulf Naur Nilsen (member of the Oslo Philharmonic).
- National Soloist Championship of Norway no-age-limit open class 1st Prize 2004
- International Trumpet competition "Theo Charlier" Brussels, Belgium 2nd prize 2005
- Oslo Music Teachers Foundation Prize of Honour 2005
- Yamaha Music Foundation Europe Scholarship 2006
- Eurovision Young Musicians Competition 2006 2nd place
- NRK Radio P2 Prize for 2006/2007
Helseth has played concerts with such orchestras as the Wiener Symphoniker, Beethoven Academie, Capella Cracowiensis, The Norwegian Chamber Orchestra, Shanghai Symphony Orchestra, Slovenian Radio Symphony Ljubljana, Oslo Camerata, Camerata Nordica, Württemberg Philharmonic, the Trondheim Soloists, Norwegian symphony orchestras, Norwegian Army bands and other brass and wind groups.
She has appeared at many different music festivals, including the Bergen International Festival, Kissinger Summer Festival and Usedomer Music Festival.
Helseth has put out two CDs. Her self-titled debut album was released January 1, 2007 and contained the trumpet concertos of both Johann Nepomuk Hummel and Josef Haydn. Her second album was released November 23, 2009 and contains musical works by Gustav Holst, Georg Friedrich Händel and J.S. Bach.
Tine Thing Helseth Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.