Utah Aviation Hall of Fame facts for kids
The Utah Aviation Hall of Fame was established in 1996 to honor and recognize individuals in the State of Utah who have contributed significantly to Utah aviation. These people have distinguished themselves through major contributions in advancing aviation or heroic accomplishments as civil or military aviators in and for the State of Utah.
It is the greater goal of this program is to foster public appreciation for the contributions of these individuals to the education of air power. Specifically, the continuing education and development of civil or general, commercial, and military aviation throughout the State.
The official recognition of the Utah Aviation Hall of Fame was proclaimed by the Governor in 1996. It Governor proclaimed the 32nd Flight (Pioneer), Order of Daedalians, the National Fraternity of Military Pilots, as the sponsor and custodial agency for the program. Honorees are inducted each year around Memorial Day.
The Utah Aviation Hall of Fame is located within the Hill Aerospace Museum, Hill AFB, UT (Interstate 15 Exit #338 / 5600 South Exit). Hours of operation are the same as those of the museum: 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday (closed Sundays and Mondays), closed December 24–25 for the Christmas Holiday and closed January 1 for New Years Day. Admission does not require entry onto Hill AFB and is free to the public.
Laurates of the Hall
In 1996, the original eleven inductees for the Hall of Fame were so honored when the Hall was established at the Hill Aerospace Museum. The current Administrator is Charles P. "Pat" Gilmore, Major, USAFR (Retired)
- Major General Orvil A. Anderson, USAF
- Lieutenant Colonel Paul A. Bloomquist, AUS
- General John Kenneth Cannon, USAF
- Verenus "Vern" and Jessie Carter, Utah Aviation Pioneers
- Brigadier General Darrell Stuart Cramer, USAF
- Major General William E. Creer, USAF
- Colonel Emmett Smith "Cyclone" Davis, USAF (2016)
- Colonel Glenn Todd Eagleston, USAF
- Captain Richard Taylor Eastmond, USN
- Colonel Bernard F. Fisher, USAF
- Jacob Edwin Garn, Utah Aeronautic Commission
- Senator Jake Garn, BGEN Utah Air National Guard
- Lieutenant Commander William Edward Hall, USNR
- Colonel Gail Halvorsen, USAF
- Robert H. Hinckley, Civil Aviation
- Colonel Lorin Lavar Johnson, USAF
- Lieutenant Colonel Clifford D. Jolley, USAF
- Colonel Willard R. Macfarlane, USAF
- Colonel Russell L. Maughan, USAF
- Ardeth "Art" Mortensen, Civil Aviation
- Alberta Hunt Nicholson, WASP
- Lieutenant Colonel Chase J. Nielsen, USAF
- Major General Chesley Gordon Peterson, USAF
- Major Alden P. Rigby, USAF
- Brigadier General Richard Condie Sanders, USAF
- Colonel Walter T. Stewart, USAF
- Harold A. Sweet, China National Aviation Corporation
- Brigadier General Paul W. Tibbets, USAF
- Lieutenant Wendell Van Twelves, USNR
Utah Aviation Hall of Fame Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.