Ali Mitgutsch facts for kids
Alfons Mitgutsch, known as Ali Mitgutsch ( born 21 August 1935) is a German author of picture books and a professional advertising Illustrator. He is known as father of the Wimmelbilder books.
Mitgutsch was born in Munich, Germany. As a child the Mitgutsch family was evacuated to Allgäu in World War II due to bombing in Munich. After returning to Munich he trained at Graphical Academy as a lithographer.
In the 1960s, Kurt Seelmann, a child psychologist inspired him to create a special kind of picture book for children.
Mitgutsch became famous for his Wimmelbilder-books. These books show everyday scenes in a single painting across the pages on top. Rundherum in meiner Stadt (Around in my city) released in 1968 is the first book in the series.
Mitgutsch lives in Munich, the city inspires his paintings.
- 1960 nominated for Deutscher Jugendliteraturpreis for Pepes Hut
- 1961 nominated for Deutscher Jugendliteraturpreis for Ulus abenteuerliche Reise zum Nordlicht
- 1962 nominated for Deutscher Jugendliteraturpreis for Nico findet einen Schatz
- 1969 Deutscher Jugendbuchpreis for the picture book Rundherum in meiner Stadt
- 1971 nominated for Deutscher Jugendliteraturpreis for Bei uns im Dorf
- 1972 nominated for Deutscher Jugendliteraturpreis for Komm mit ans Wasser
- 1978 Hans Christian Andersen Award for Rund ums Schiff (Around the ship)
- 2003 Schwabing Art Award
- 2016 Ernst-Hoferichter-Preis
- 2018 Verdienstkreuz am Bande der Bundesrepublik Deutschland for a new Genre
- 2019 Oberbayerischer Kulturpreis
Ali Mitgutsch Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.