Alice in Chains facts for kids
Quick facts for kids
Alice in Chains
Alice in Chains in September 2007. From left to right: William DuVall, Sean Kinney, and Jerry Cantrell.
|Also known as||Alice N' Chains|
|Genres||Heavy metal, hard rock, alternative metal, grunge, alternative rock|
|Years active||1987-2002, 2005-present|
|Labels||Columbia, Virgin Records/EMI|
|Associated acts||Mad Season
Class of '99
|Past members||Layne Staley
Alice in Chains is a popular alternative rock band that formed in Seattle, Washington in 1987. They have sold an estimated 15 million albums in the US alone. Alice in Chains is sometimes thought of as a heavy metal band, but is mostly considered a grunge band.
The band's first lead singer died in Seattle in April 2002. William DuVall took over as the lead singer in 2006.
- William DuVall - lead vocals, rhythm guitar (2006-present)
- Jerry Cantrell - lead & rhythm guitars, vocals (1987-2002, 2005-present)
- Mike Inez - bass, backing vocals (1993-2002, 2005-present)
- Sean Kinney - drums, percussion (1987-2002, 2005-present)
- Layne Staley - lead vocals, rhythm guitar (1987-2002)
- Mike Starr - bass, backing vocals (1987-1993)
- Patrick Lachman - lead vocals (2005-2006)
- Scott Olson - acoustic guitar, bass (1996)
- Facelift (1990)
- Dirt (1992)
- Alice in Chains (1995)
- Black Gives Way to Blue (2009)
- The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here (2013)
- Rainier Fog (2018)
Images for kids
Alice in Chains Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.