Bay Forest, Houston facts for kids
Quick facts for kids
|• Total||0.47 sq mi (1.21 km2)|
|Elevation||25 ft (8 m)|
|-class="mergedrow" ! School District: | Clear Creek I.S.D. |-class="mergedrow" ! Water District: | Clear Lake City W.A. |-class="mergedbottomrow" ! Other(s): | Port of Houston |- | colspan="2" style="text-align: center; background:#e0e0e0;" | Affiliated Political Districts |-class="mergedtoprow" ! U.S. House: | Texas District 22 |-class="mergedrow" ! State Senate: | District 11 |-class="mergedrow" ! State House: | District 129 |-class="mergedrow" ! County: | Precinct 2 |-class="mergedrow" ! County Constable: | Precinct 8 |-class="mergedbottomrow" ! City Council: | District E |} -->
Bay Forest is a community located in the southeast corner of Houston, Texas in Houston's Bay Area. It is part of a family of neighborhoods collectively called Clear Lake City. It is a bedroom community made up almost entirely of single-family homes, parks, and other open areas. The community comprises 832 residences and is located on either side of El Dorado Boulevard between Space Center Boulevard and Horsepen Bayou.
The Bay Forest Community Association was officially established with the filing of deed restrictions with Harris County on November 18, 1985.
Bay Forest residents enjoy the amenities provided by the following community parks:
- Bay Forest Park - a 5.7 acres (23,000 m2) park offering:
- Shaded picnic areas
- Open recreation areas
- An enclosed 165,000-US-gallon (620 m3), 25 yard (23 m) pool with six lanes 3–5 feet (0.91–1.52 m) deep and a 12 ft (3.7 m) diving well, a 1.5 ft (0.5 m) wading pool, pool deck furniture, two grills, a main building with bathrooms and showers, a 1,240 square feet (115 m2) pavilion shelter, and two gazebos
- Four controlled access tennis courts with night lighting available
- Two "Big Toy" playground areas with a full assortment of children’s activity platforms
- Six picnic tables and benches
- 16 paved parking spaces
- Willow Shores Park - a 3 acres (12,000 m2) park offering:
- Open sports fields for soccer, football, or any imaginable activity with adjacent shaded areas and benches
- A concrete, full-court basketball court with one backboard
- Six picnic tables and benches
- A redwood "Big Toy" playground on 3,500 square feet (330 m2) of beach sand
- 29 paved parking spaces
- Bay Forest Wildlife Preserve - a 10.3 acres (42,000 m2) habitat of indigenous flora and fauna unique to Gulf Coast riparian reserves that includes a 0.5 mile (800 m) crushed granite trail for exploring or exercising. Located in the southeast corner of the neighborhood adjacent to Horsepen Bayou, it provides residents with a quiet retreat from city life. The park is owned by the Houston Parks Board and leased to the community.
- Pocket Park - a 1 acre (4,000 m2) shaded, grassy park consisting of two parcels separated by a street. It includes a concrete walking path and four benches.
- Erin Creek Island Park - a shaded, 1,200 square feet (110 m2) mini park with five benches for resting or meeting neighbors.
Bay Forest is served by the Clear Creek Independent School District, and local public school students attend Falcon Pass Elementary School, Space Center Intermediate School, and Clear Lake High School.
Bay Forest, Houston Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.