Ben Bowen (musician) facts for kids
Quick facts for kids
Ben Bowen in studio, 2011
|Born||5 June 1976|
|Associated acts||Western Terrestrial
Great Aunt Ida
Ronley Teper's Lipliners
Ben Bowen (born 5 June 1976 in England) is a Canadian trumpet player and children's musician from Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Bowen studied jazz trumpet at York University and Humber College. He is a session musician for various other bands and as of 2011 has been involved in 29 studio albums.
Breaking from his role as horn-player, in December 2011 he released a 5-song debut EP of traditional children's songs entitled The Bumblebee EP, which one reviewer called "wonderfully gentle and soothing." Bowen sings and plays guitar on this recording, backed by his sister Anna Bowen on accordion and vocals, and his brother-in-law Ben on mandolin and vocals. It was recorded by singer-songwriter Nick Zubeck at Cardinal Song studios in Guelph, and released on iTunes.
- The Bumblebee EP (2012)
- Let's Sing A Song (vol.1) (2017)
- Beautiful Day (2017)
- Let's Sing A Song (vol.2) (2017)
- O Watch the Stars (2018)
- Sleep Now - lullabies (2019)
Over the past ten years Bowen has worked on numerous albums as a session musician. He has played and recorded with a number of notable Canadian artists, including Lily Frost, Great Aunt Ida, Junetile, A Northern Chorus, Valery Gore, Nick Zubeck, Brian MacMillan, Bellewoods, and Old World Vulture.
- Danny Medakovic − Jolley Cut (2014)
- Old World Vulture − Trophy Lovers (2012)
- Great Aunt Ida − Nuclearize Me (2012)
- Valery Gore − Avalanche to Wandering Bear (2008) trumpet on Scared, Great Lakes and Sparrow
- A Northern Chorus − The Millions Too Many (2007) brass on The Millions Too Many, No Stations, Canadian Shield and Ethic of the Pioneer
Ben Bowen (musician) Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.