Big Babies facts for kids
Quick facts for kidsBig Babies
|Created by||Spencer Jones
|Written by||Jon Riche
|Directed by||Jon Riche|
|Voices of||Spencer Jones
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||13|
|Executive producer(s)||Japhet Asher|
|Running time||14 minutes|
|Original release||15 March– 31 March 2010|
Big Babies is a 2010 British comedy children's television series, which was shown on CBBC, BBC Two the British Broadcasting Corporation's children's digital channel. The main characters are two babies (actually babies with adult heads and voices superimposed) named Brooks and Rocco, who are reluctantly dragged away from watching television to go on unpredictable adventures in the world of the everyday. However, the toys on the shelf always have concerns about what the babies are up to, and get Budge, one of their own, to tag along with the babies (which he does for his own selfish reasons).
Characters and cast
These are some of the main cast:
- Brooks (Spencer Jones): The more cynical baby. His catchphrase is "We should have stayed at home and watched the telly!") His primary bonnet is white with bunny ears on top
- Rocco (Martin Collins): Rocco is the more idealistic baby, complete with a beard. He idolises The Gonch, much to Brooks' disgust. His primary bonnet is white with mouse ears on top.
- The Gonch (Dan Kirwan): The coolest kid in town, complete with bling bling. Has his own signature tune, and a lot of his dialogue is done in rap. His catchphrase is "Later, losers".
Family and other babies
- Carole (Natalia Ferrara, voiced by Sharon Horgan): Brooks' mum.
- Gonch's Stepmum (Donna Louise Pearce, voiced by Spencer Jones)
- Calais Savoy (Caroline May Jones): An American baby who is friends with Brooks and Rocco. She appeared on Baby Got Talent but just screamed "Mummy Mummy I'm not eating that!".
- Daisy (Chiron Miller): Another friend of the boys.
- Budge (voiced by Doc Brown): A brown corduroy toy, who follows Brooks and Rocco's every move. He is always assigned by the Major to follow the boys, but does so through his desire for snacks (or other things he wants) His catchphrase is "Oh, Bongo!").
- Dave (voiced by Spencer Jones): A toy dragon who lives on the top of Budge's cupboard. His job is to wake up Budge when needed by knocking on the cupboard door with his tail.
- Eebie and Geebie (voiced by Daniel Cook and Eve Webster): Two toy birds who are the first to panic about the outcomes of Brooks and Rocco's adventures. There is a TV show called The Eebie and Geebie Show featuring characters of the two birds, but Carole always turns the TV off just as it starts, much to the birds' disappointment and dismay.
- Major Moustache (voiced by Nick Helm): A red cat doll with an eye-patch, a huge moustache and medals.
- Private Popper (voiced by Matthew Steer): A mouse with a military beret. Popper always sees through Budge's self-centred schemes, but is chastised by the Major for voicing his concerns ("Pipe down, Popper!").
- Koggs (voiced by Doc Brown): A robot with a Jamaican accent.
- Teddy Bez (Gabriel Schucan): A teddy bear dressed in a teddy boy style. A silent character, but answers any question with a dance.
- Snake (voiced by Caroline May Jones):
- Puppeteers – Jonny Sabbagh, Will Harper, William Banyard, Mark Jefferis and Sheila Clark
6.Dino Land Towm
9.Beside the Sea
11.Arts and Crafts
13.Baby's Got Talent
Big Babies Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.