Bill Timoney facts for kids
Quick facts for kids
|Family||Mike Timoney (brother)|
Bill Timoney (born March 5, 1958) is an American actor, director, script writer and producer.
Perhaps the best known of Timoney's roles on television is the character of Alfred Vanderpool on All My Children. The musical team Boyz II Men drew inspiration from Timoney's Vanderpool, and Nathan Morris, one of its tenors, used the stage name "Alex Vanderpool" in the character's honor early in the team's career. Timoney portrayed Vanderpool - known as "the preppie nerd of Pine Valley" - from 1982 through 1987, returning to the role on a cameo basis from 1998 through 2005.
Timoney is also a well-known voice actor, specializing in "dubbing" voices for foreign language live action and animated programs. He has directed and script-adapted dubs of Japanese anime at Headline Studios.
Timoney's eclectic career ranges from working as a stand-up comedian at NYC's famed Improv, to writing the recurring column "Heard But Not Seen: Adventures in Voice Acting" for Videoscope Magazine.
In April 2010, Timoney made his off-Broadway theater debut at the Soho Playhouse as the understudy for the actor Dan Butler in the role of Joseph Flaherty in The Irish Curse, dramatized by Martin Casella. Timoney went on for Butler for several performances. He also went on for Scott Jaeck in the role of Father Kevin for a single performance. In August 2010, Timoney received excellent notices for his performance as Bob in the Stephen Padilla drama, Picking Palin, for the New York International Fringe Festival. Co-starring with Timoney in the play was his wife, actress Georgette Reilly Timoney. The couple have performed together in stage productions at Arkansas Rep, NJ Rep, Shadow Lawn Stage, and the Celtic Theatre Company of New Jersey. The Timoneys voiced the recurring characters of married couple Izzy & Cara on Season 12 of the long-running anime TV series Pokémon.
Timoney took a one-year sabbatical from his acting career in 2012 in order to accept an offer to work as the line producer for "Ebru Today," a live, daily morning TV news program. Affiliated with the Turkish Samanyolu media conglomerate, the program aired all over the world. As line producer, Timoney was responsible for constructing each day's script, assigning stories to reporters and editors, and fact-checking the final script. He also wrote commentary and editorials, including the irreverent weekly feature "Get to Know Your Vice-Presidents."
In early 2014, Timoney made his Broadway debut portraying nine roles (Senator Karl Mundt; a White House aide; a butler, a Secret Service agent, a Congressman and others) in a dramatic play written by Robert Schenkkan entitled All The Way starring Bryan Cranston as Lyndon B. Johnson. The play opened on March 6, 2014, at The Neil Simon Theatre in Manhattan. It received very favorable reviews. All The Way won two 2014 Tony Awards for Best Play (Robert Schenkkan) and Best Actor In A Play (Bryan Cranston).
In 2018, Timoney and Cranston returned to Broadway in the stage adaptation of the film Network. Cranston won his second Tony Award for his portrayal of TV news anchorman Howard "mad as hell" Beale. Timoney played the TV news program's director, and he also understudied Cranston in the Beale role.
Timoney appears in the 2019 feature film The Irishman. Director Martin Scorsese chose Timoney to play an unscripted role of the prosecutor at the title character's trial. Timoney and Robert De Niro improvised the entire sequence of the prosecutor questioning the defendant.
Timoney has been married to Georgette Reilly, since March 16, 2002. The New Jersey natives reside on the Jersey Shore with their menagerie of dogs and cats.
- Addicted to Love - Restaurant Patron
- Dead Canaries - Star Chamber Agent
- Delenda - Cop
- Last Chance - Buddy
- The Irishman - Prosecutor
- The Price for Silence - Dr. Shaw
- The Last Late Night - George Carteris
- Mission to Mars - Computer (voice)
- Rocket's Red Glare - Astronaut Pete Baker
- Sea of Dust - Professor Sorell
- Soccer Dog: The Movie - Kimbell's owner
- The Infiltrator - Binoculars Man (uncredited)
- Wakefield - Homeless Man
- All My Children - Alfred Vanderpool (1982-1987, 1998–2005)
- Billions - farm laborer
- Blue Bloods - Supervisor
- FBI - Priest
- Law & Order: Criminal Intent - Henry Forman (Episode: F.P.S.)
- Lipstick Jungle - Marco (Episode: Pilot)
- Malcolm in the Middle - Mr. Miller (Episode: Academic Octathalon)
- Mr. Robot - Male Executive
- Orange is the New Black - Warden Gifford
- Hunters - Congressman Marshall
- The Good Cop - Alley Manager
- The Blacklist - Pastor Ritzen
- The High Life - Frank Stettler (Episode: Army Buddies)
- 12 Monkeys - Senator Royce
- Battle Arena Toshinden - Duke B. Rambert
- Battle Athletes - Additional Voices
- Cowboy Bebop - Baseball Announcer
- Daphne in the Brilliant Blue - Theft Victim
- Digimon Adventure - Lord Bakemon
- Genshiken - Madarame
- Gravitation - Mr. Sakano
- Here is Greenwood - Kazuhiko Hasukawa (CPM dub)
- Ikki Tousen: Dragon Destiny - Ukin
- Jewel BEM Hunter Lime - Mr. Candle
- Legend of Himiko - Enki
- Madara - Chaos
- Mai Mai Miracle - Fujiwara
- Magical Witch Punie-chan - Peter Pilot, Limo Driver
- Queen's Blade - Setora
- Record of Lodoss War - Parn
- Shingu: Secret of the Stellar Wars - Hajime Murata
- Trigun - Kuroneko
- Urotsukidoji: Legend of the Overfiend - Tatsuo Nagumo, Yuichi Nikki
- Voltage Fighters: Gowcaizer the Movie - Ryo Asahina
- Pup 2 No Good - Veterinarian
- Robot Trains - Vito, Ygor
- .hack//Infection - Additional voices
- .hack//Mutation - Additional voices
- .hack//Outbreak - Additional voices
- .hack//Quarantine - Additional voices
- Comic Party
- Jewel BEM Hunter Lime
- Kujibiki Unbalance
- Record of Lodoss War (uncredited)
- Jewel BEM Hunter Lime
- Kujibiki Unbalance
Bill Timoney Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.