Bunmei facts for kids
Bunmei (文明) was a Japanese era name (年号, nengō,, lit. "year name") after Ōnin and before Chōkyō. This period started in April 1469 and ended in July 1487. During this time, the emperor was Go-Tsuchimikado-tennō (後土御門天皇).
Events of the Bunmei era
- 18 January 1471 (Bunmei 2, 27th day of the 12th month ): The former-Emperor Go-Hanazono died at age 52.
- 16 April 1473 (Bunmei 5, on the 19th day of the 3rd month): Yamana Sōzen died at age 70.
- 1478 (Bunmei 10): The philosopher Ichijō Kanera (1402–1481) published Bummei ittō-ki (On the Unity of Knowledge and Culture) which is about political ethics.
- 21 February 1482 (Bummei 14, 4th day of the 2nd month): Construction of Ashikaga Yoshimasa's Silver Pavilion was started.
- 1484 (Bunmei 16): Ginkaku-ji or "Silver Pavillion" is built by Ashikaga Yoshimasa
Bunmei Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.