Castle (disambiguation) facts for kids
A castle is a fortified structure used to defend a territory.
Castle or Castles can mean:
- University College, Durham, commonly known as "castle"
- Operation Castle, a series of nuclear tests conducted in 1954
- Castle Bravo, its first test
- GWR 4073 Class, the "Castle" class of steam locomotive
- Castle class corvettes, the follow on to the Flower class corvette of World War Two
- Castles (estate agents), in the UK
- Castle Project, an application framework for the .Net platform
- Castle Building Centres Group Ltd., Canadian retailers of lumber and building materials
- Castle, Bedford, an electoral ward in Bedford, England
- Castle, Swansea, an electoral ward in Swansea, Wales
- Castle, Oklahoma, a town
- Castle Geyser in the Upper Geyser Basin of Yellowstone
- Smithsonian Institution Building, in Washington, D.C., nicknamed "The Castle"
- Newcastle-under-Lyme, known simply as "castle" to many local people
- Rook (chess), a chess piece sometimes (formerly or informally) known as the "castle"
- Castling, a move in chess involving the Rook
- Castle (card game)
- Castles (video game), released by Interplay in 1991
- Castles II: Siege and Conquest, a 1992 sequel to the above game
- Castle Communications, a record label
- Castles (soap opera), a short-lived soap opera, broadcast by the BBC in 1995
The Castle may also refer to:
- The Castle (novel) (Das Schloß) is a 1922 novel by Franz Kafka and its translations
- Castle (novel), the second book in The Seventh Tower series
- The Castle (film), a 1997 Australian comedy film
- The Castle (game), a videogame made by ASCII corporation
- The Castle (radio series), 2007 BBC radio comedy set in the Middle Ages
- The Castle, Budawang National Park, Australia
- CASTLE fight, a computational tool used in game theory
In Spanish: Castle (desambiguación) para niños
Castle (disambiguation) Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.