Caulfield railway station facts for kids
Quick facts for kidsCaulfield
PTV commuter and regional rail station
|Address||1 Sir John Monash Drive
Caulfield East, Victoria 3145
|Bicycle facilities||10 racks|
|Opened||7 May 1879|
|Electrified||5 March 1922|
|Station status||Premium Station|
|Passengers (2017-2018)||4.708 million 3.6%|
|Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Adjacent stations/V/Line' not found.
Caulfield railway station is a railway station on the Gippsland and Stony Point trunk lines in Victoria, Australia. It serves the south-eastern Melbourne suburb of Caulfield East, and it opened on 7 May 1879. In 2017-2018, it was the 7th busiest station in Melbourne's metropolitan network, with 4.7 million passenger movements.
The station is located adjacent to the Caulfield campus of Monash University and Caulfield Racecourse. It is listed on the Victorian Heritage Register.
The small brick building on Platform 1, near the main platform building, was provided in 1974. It originally served as a race ticket office.
Caulfield was upgraded to a Premium Station on 13 June 1996, although the enclosed waiting area and ticket facilities were built in 1993 as part of the 'Travel Safe' program. The station underwent a minor refurbishment in 1994.
Platforms and services
Caulfield has two side platforms and one island platform with two faces. It is served by Metro Trains' Pakenham, Frankston, and Cranbourne line trains. It is also served by V/Line's Traralgon and Bairnsdale trains.
- Frankston line: all stations and limited stop services to Flinders Street, Werribee and Williamstown
- Frankston line: all stations and limited express services to Frankston
- Pakenham line: express services to Flinders Street
- Cranbourne line: express services to Flinders Street
- Gippsland line: V/Line services to Southern Cross
- Pakenham line: all stations and limited express services to Pakenham
- Cranbourne line: all stations and limited express services to Cranbourne
- Gippsland line: V/Line services to Traralgon and Bairnsdale
CDC Melbourne operates one route via Caulfield station, under contract to Public Transport Victoria:
- 624: Kew – Oakleigh station
CDC Melbourne and Ventura Bus Lines operate one route to and from Caulfield station, under contract to Public Transport Victoria:
- 900 to Rowville
Yarra Trams operates one route via Caulfield station
- 3/3a: Melbourne University – Malvern East
Caulfield railway station Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.