Church of St Michael and All Angels, Underwood facts for kids
Quick facts for kidsChurch of St Michael and All Angels, Underwood
|Denomination||Church of England|
|Dedication||St Michael and All Angels|
|Diocese||Diocese of Southwell and Nottingham|
The Church of St Michael and All Angels, Underwood is a parish church in the Church of England in Underwood, Nottinghamshire.
The church is Grade II listed by the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport as it is a building of special architectural or historic interest.
The church was commissioned by Francis Cowper, 7th Earl Cowper and built in 1890. The architect was J. A. Chatwin of Birmingham.
Current parish status
It is in a group of parishes which includes:
- Church of St Mary, Eastwood
- Church of St James the Great, Brinsley
- Church of St Michael and All Angels, Underwood
The Clergy list of the church:
- 1861–1867: Edward Cayley
- 1867–1874: John Dawson Gibson
- 1874–1880: Charles Edward Thornes Roberts
- 1881–1918: Percival Page
- 1918–1919: H B Edwards
- 1920–1924: George William Ready
- 1924–1926: F L Farmer
- 1926–1935: L C Rowan-Robinson
- 1935–1948: Fred John Starmer
- 1949–1957: J H Newbury
- 1957–1962: Cyril Vincent Miles
- 1963–1967: John Bernardi
- 1967–1982: William G E Porter
- 1982–1987: Lance Clark
- 1987–1994: David L Harper
- 1995–2002: Faith Cully
- 2003–2009: Robert Murray
- 2009–present: David Stevenson
Church of St Michael and All Angels, Underwood Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.