Duke of Aumont facts for kids
The title of Duke of Aumont was established in 1665. It was first given to Antoine d'Aumont de Rochebaron (1601–1669). For a long time, the dukes of Aumont had the title of first Gentleman of the Chamber of the King (gentilhomme de la chambre du Roi). They were a fairly influential and wealthy family. They owned the Hôtel d'Aumont a large townhouse in Paris. The family also had many other titles including "Marquis of Villequier". This was sometimes used by the heir to the ducal title.
List of dukes
- Antoine d'Aumont de Rochebaron (1601-1669)
- Louis Marie Guy d'Aumont de Rochebaron (1732-1799)
- Louis Marie Augustin d'Aumont de Rochebaron (1709-1782)
- Louis Alexandre Céleste d'Aumont (1736-1814)
- Louis Marie Céleste d'Aumont (1762-1831).
- Adolphe Henri Aimery d'Aumont (1785-1849).
- Louis Marie Joseph d'Aumont (1809-1888).
- Jean-Jacques d'Aumont (1840-1901).
- Louis-Marie-Joseph II d'Aumont (1872-1956).
- Louis-Henri d'Aumont, (1922-2006).
- Jacques Joseph d'Aumont (1950-).
The present reigning Prince of Monaco is a direct descendant of the family.
Duke of Aumont Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.