Albert II, Prince of Monaco facts for kids
|Prince of Monaco|
|Reign||6 April 2005 – present|
|Regency||31 March 2005 – 6 April 2005|
|Born||14 March 1958
|Spouse||Charlene Wittstock (2011–present)|
Princess Gabriella, Countess of Carladès
Jacques, Hereditary Prince of Monaco
Jazmin Grace Grimaldi
|House||House of Grimaldi|
|Father||Rainier III, Prince of Monaco|
His Serene Highness Prince Albert II of Monaco (born 14 March 1958) is the ruler of Monaco. He became ruler after his father Rainier III died in April 2005. He is the only son and the middle of three children of Rainer and his wife Grace Kelly.
Titles and styles
Albert has held two positions:
- 14 March 1958 – 6 April 2005: His Serene Highness The Hereditary Prince of Monaco, Marquis of Baux.
- 6 April 2005 – 10 December 2014: His Serene Highness The Sovereign Prince of Monaco, Marquis of Baux.
- 10 December 2014 – present: His Serene Highness The Sovereign Prince of Monaco.
Prince Albert and his wife Charlene had twins:
- Princess Gabriella, Countess of Carladès. (10 December 2014 - present day) Born before her brother she was given the title of Hereditary Princess of Monaco however he was born three minutes after her so she therefore lost the title to him. Her father subsequently made her "Countess of Carladès".
- Prince Jacques, Hereditary Prince of Monaco. Heir to the throne of Monaco. (10 December 2014 - present day)
|Relatives of Albert II, Prince of Monaco|
Images for kids
Prince Albert II at the 5th Global Conference on Oceans, Coasts and Islands. UNESCO, Paris (2010)
Albert II, Prince of Monaco Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.