Edinburgh Trams facts for kids
The Edinburgh Trams project is a scheme to build a new tramway in Edinburgh, Scotland. Local public transport had been limited to buses since the closing of the city’s previous Edinburgh Corporation Tramways system on 16 November 1956.Edinburgh Trams is a tramway in Edinburgh, Scotland, operated by Edinburgh Trams Ltd. As of 2017 it is a 14-kilometre line between York Place in New Town and Edinburgh Airport, with 16 stops. Construction began in June 2008, and after encountering delays it opened on 31 May 2014.
- Transport in Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Corporation Tramways (closed in 1956)
- Light Rail Transit Association
- Scottish Tramway and Transport Society
- List of Tramways in Scotland
- Edinburgh Airport Rail Link
Images for kids
Edinburgh Trams Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.