Eien facts for kids
Eien (永延code: ja is deprecated ) was a Japanese era (年号,code: ja is deprecated , nengō,, lit. "year name") after Kanna and before Eiso. This period started in April 987 and ended in August 988. The reigning emperor was Ichijō-tennō (一条天皇code: ja is deprecated ).
Events of Eian era
- 987 (Eien 1, 10th month): The emperor visited the home of Fujiwara no Kaneie.
- 987 (Eien 1, 11th month): The emperor visited Iwashimizu Hachiman-gū.
- 987 (Eien 1, 12th month): The emperor visited the Kamo Shrine.
- 988 (Eien 2, 11th month): The emperor visited the home of Kaneie on his 60th birthday.
- National Diet Library, "The Japanese Calendar" -- historical overview plus illustrative images from library's collection
|Era or nengō:
Eien Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.