Enpō facts for kids
Enpō (延宝code: ja is deprecated ), also Empo, was a Japanese era name (年号,code: ja is deprecated , nengō,, lit. "year name") after Kanbun and before Tenna. This period started in September 1673 and ended in September 1681. During this time, the reigning emperor was Reigen-tennō (霊元天皇code: ja is deprecated ).
Events of the Enpō era
- 1673 (Enpō 1): Mitsui opened a dry goods store in Edo.
- 10 May 1674 (Enpō 2, 5th day of the 4th month): Ingen died at Mampuku-ji near Heian-kyō.
- 1675 (Enpō 3): A great fire in Heian-kyō.
- 1675 (Enpō 3): The Bonin Islands are explored by shogunate.
- 7 April 1680 (Enpō 8, 8th day of the 3rd month) : Tokugawa Ietsuna died.
- 11 September 1680 (Enpō 8, 19th day of the 8th month): Former-Emperor Go-Mizunoo died.
- National Diet Library, "The Japanese Calendar" -- historical overview plus illustrative images from library's collection
|Era or nengō:
Images for kids
Enpō Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.