Enpō (延宝), also Empo, was a Japanese era name (年号, nengō,, lit. "year name") after Kanbun and before Tenna. This period started in September 1673 and ended in September 1681. During this time, the reigning emperor was Reigen-tennō (霊元天皇).
Events of the Enpō era
- 1673 (Enpō 1): Mitsui opened a dry goods store in Edo.
- 10 May 1674 (Enpō 2, 5th day of the 4th month): Ingen died at Mampuku-ji near Heian-kyō.
- 1675 (Enpō 3): A great fire in Heian-kyō.
- 1675 (Enpō 3): The Bonin Islands are explored by shogunate.
- 7 April 1680 (Enpō 8, 8th day of the 3rd month) : Tokugawa Ietsuna died.
- 11 September 1680 (Enpō 8, 19th day of the 8th month): Former-Emperor Go-Mizunoo died.
Enpō Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.