Great Big Hits facts for kids
Quick facts for kidsGreat Big Hits
|Greatest hits album by|
|Released||September 22, 1992|
Casablanca Kids Inc.
|Sharon, Lois & Bram chronology|
Great Big Hits is the 11th album by popular children's entertainers Sharon, Lois & Bram, originally released in 1992. The album features 31 favorite Sharon, Lois & Bram songs, most released on previous albums, although the trio did re-recorded several songs especially for this album to give them more of a "Sharon, Lois & Bram sound".
The original release was in 1992 under Elephant Records in Canada, and under A&M Records in the United States. Then in 2004, Great Big Hits was re-released under Casablanca Kids Inc. The album is also available in a 2-Disc BoxSet released by Casablanca Kids in 2004.
1992 (Elephant Records/A&M Records)Cassette/CD
2004/2005/2008 (Casablanca Kids Inc.) CD
Touring and promotions
To promote the album, Sharon, Lois & Bram launched their "Great Big Tour" across Canada and the United States, presented by Nickelodeon US and Eaton's Canada. Pictures from the tour can be seen in the Sharon, Lois & Bram Photo Album that was published to sell at Great Big Hits concerts. The Great Big Tour sold over 200,000 seats across North America.
They also released a mini-compilation album to promote Great Big Hits. It was titled Kidbits and featured a selection of songs from their earlier albums as well as a special Skinnamarink Introduction where the trio personally welcomes you to the album and gives a brief description of their career and what to expect in terms of the Great Big Hits album. It is available only on cassette.
Great Big Hits proved that Sharon, Lois & Bram were rising stars and were an upward trend in popularity at the time because the album only took 2 months to "go gold", whereas their previous album, Sing A to Z, released in 1990, took 2 years to "go gold".
In addition, a Songbook titled "Great Big Hits" was published by Warner-Chappell Music in 1993. It contains piano music, guitar chords, and lyrics to all of the songs found on the album, as well as a special 4-Hand Skinnamarink Duet for the piano.
Nominations and awards
- Our Choice Award, Canadian Children's Book Centre (1992)
- iParenting Media Awards, Hottest Product for 2004 (2004)
- Parents Choice, Recommended (2004)
- "One Elephant"#"She'll Be Coming Round the Mountain"#"Peanut Butter & Jelly"#"Jenny Jenkins"#"Chugga-Chugga"#"Savez-Vous Planter Les Choux?"
- "If I Could Have A Windmill"
- "A You're Adorable"#"Pop! Goes the Weasel"
- "Grandpa's Farm"
- "Susannah's A Funny Old Man"
- "Five Brown Buns"
- "We're All Together Again / If I Knew You Were Coming I'd've Baked A Cake"
- "Newfoundland Jig Medley"
- "Little Rabbit Foo-Foo"
- "Five Little Monkeys"
- "Tingalayo"#"Hey Dum Diddeley Dum"#"How Much Is That Doggie in the Window?"
- "Rags"#"Fish & Chips & Vinegar"
- "The Smile on the Crocodile"
- "Ballin' the Jack"
- "Candy Man, Salty Dog"
- "The Eensy Weensy Spider"
- "Mommy, What If..."
- "Shoe A Little Horse"
- "Caballito Blanco"
- "Little Sir Echo"
- "Precious Friends / Skinnamarink"
- Tracks 1, 2, 17 from One Elephant, Deux Elephants
- [*] Re-recordings
The child saying "G. That makes me think of Grandma and Grandpa." is cut out.
Great Big Hits Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.