Imperial Highness facts for kids
Imperial Highness is a style of address traditionally used by members of an emperor's family. It ranks as the highest and most prestigious style used among royalty. It outranks the style of Royal Highness. The style is often associated with the title of Crown Prince.
Examples of usage
- Her Imperial Highness Grand Duchess Anastasia Nikolaevna of Russia.
- His Imperial Highness The Tsesarevich of Russia (The title for the heir to the Russian throne. Who later succeeded as Tsar Nicholas II of Russia.
- His Imperial Highness Naruhito, The Crown Prince of Japan.
- His Imperial Highness Crown Princess Masako . Wife of the son of the present Emperor of Japan and therefore the heir to the Imperial throne.
- His Imperial Highness Prince Tomohito of Mikasa. Himself another member of the Japanese Imperial family.
All content from Kiddle encyclopedia articles (including the article images and facts) can be freely used under Attribution-ShareAlike license, unless stated otherwise. Cite this article:Imperial Highness Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.