Interslavic language facts for kids
Quick facts for kidsInterslavic
|Setting and usage
|International auxiliary language
|Vocabulary, phonology and grammar from Slavic languages
Interslavic is a constructed language meant to be used by Slavic people. It is like a modern version of the Old Church Slavonic language of the 9th century. It is based on words and other things that exist in all Slavic languages. The idea is that Slavs from any country can understand it without learning it first.
The first Interslavic grammar was written in 1659–1666 by Juraj Križanić, a priest from Croatia. The modern form was started in 2006 by a team of linguists. The name of that project was Slovianski. In 2011 it merged with another project called Neoslavonic. Since that time the name of the language is Interslavic (Medžuslovjansky).
The Lord's Prayer:
- Otče naš, ktory jesi v nebesah,
- nehaj sveti se ime Tvoje.
- Nehaj prijde kraljevstvo Tvoje,
- nehaj bude volja Tvoja, kako v nebu tako i na zemji.
- Hlěb naš vsakodenny daj nam dnes,
- i odpusti nam naše grěhy,
- tako kako my odpuščajemo našim grěšnikam.
- I ne vvedi nas v pokušenje,
- ale izbavi nas od zlogo.
Images for kids
In Spanish: Idioma intereslavo para niños
Interslavic language Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.