Jane Freilicher facts for kids
Quick facts for kids
Jane Freilicher, Champion Flowers, oil on linen, 1999, Tibor de Nagy
November 29, 1924
|Died||December 9, 2014
Jane Freilicher (November 29, 1924 – December 9, 2014) was an American representational painter. She was known for her paintings of urban and country scenes from her homes in lower Manhattan. She was a member of the informal New York School beginning in the 1950s.
Freilicher died in Manhattan at the age of 90 on December 9, 2014. She is survived by her daughter, painter Elizabeth Hazan, and three grandchildren.
- 1974 - American Association of University Women Fellowship
- 1976 - National Endowment of the Arts Grant
- 1987 - Saltus Gold Medal, National Academy of Design
- 1996 - Academy of the Arts Lifetime Achievement Award
- 2005 - Gold Medal for Painting, American Academy of Arts and Letter
Jane Freilicher Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.