Jill Stein presidential campaign, 2016 facts for kids
Quick facts for kidsJill Stein for President
|Campaign||U.S. presidential election, 2016|
|Status||Announced June 22, 2015|
|Headquarters||22 Kendall Rd.
Jill Stein, a physician from Massachusetts, is seeking the nomination of the Green Party of the United States for President in 2016. In 2012, Stein was the Green Party's nominee and received 469,501 votes for President of the United States in the 2012 general election.
On February 6, 2015, Stein announced the formation of an exploratory committee in preparation for a potential campaign for the Green Party's presidential nomination in the 2016.
She officially declared she was running for president for a second time during an appearance on Democracy Now! on June 22, 2015.
- Medea Benjamin, co-founder of Code Pink and Global Exchange
- Marsha Coleman-Adebayo, former senior policy analyst for the United States Environmental Protection Agency and racial justice advocate
- Immortal Technique, rapper and activist
- International Socialist Organization, a socialist organization in the United States
- Richard D. Wolff, professor emeritus of economics, University of Massachusetts Amherst
- Cornel West, philosopher and activist
Images for kids
Jill Stein presidential campaign, 2016 Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.