Ken'ei facts for kids
Ken'ei (建永) was a Japanese era name (年号,, nengō,, lit. "year name") after Genkyū and before Jōgen. This period started in April 1206 and ended in October 1207. The reigning emperor was Tsuchimikado-tennō (土御門天皇).
Events of the Ken'ei era
- 1206 (Ken'ei 1, 2nd month): Shogun Sanetomo's standing at court was raised to the 2nd rank of the 4th class.
- 16 April 1206 (Ken'ei 1, 7th day of the 3rd month): The emperor planned to pay a visit to the Kujō Yoshitsune, but in the night before this visit, an unknown assassin killed Yoshitsune. After the killing, Konoe Iezane was made sesshō (regent) and Fujiwara no Tadatsune was made the Minister of the Left (sadaijin).
- 1206 (Ken'ei 1, 12th month): Konoe Iezane stopped being sesshō; and instead, he became Chancellor (kampaku).
- 1207 (Ken'ei 1): Hōnen and his followers are exiled
- National Diet Library, "The Japanese Calendar" -- historical overview plus illustrative images from library's collection
|Era or nengō:
Ken'ei Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.