Kenryaku facts for kids
Kenryaku (建暦code: ja is deprecated ) was a Japanese era name (年号,code: ja is deprecated , nengō,, lit. "year name") after Jōgen and before Kempo. This period started in March 1211 and ended in December 1213. The reigning emperor was Juntoku-tennō (順徳天皇code: ja is deprecated ).
Events of the Kenryaku era
- 1211 (Kenryaku 1, 1st month): The Buddhist priest Hōnen returned from a period of exile. He was the founder of the Sennyuji (泉涌寺,code: ja is deprecated , senyō-ji) temple-complex.
- 1211 (Kenryaku 1, 1st month): Shogun Sanetomo's position at court was raised to the 1st rank of the 3rd class.
- 2 January 1211 (Kenryaku 1, 16th day of the 1st month): The former-Senior High Priest Jien (1155–1225) was appointed Tendai Abbot.
- 1212 (Kenryaku 1): Hōnen died at age 80.
- National Diet Library, "The Japanese Calendar" -- historical overview plus illustrative images from library's collection
|Era or nengō:
Kenryaku Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.