Newton's law of universal gravitation facts for kids(Redirected from Law of gravitation)
Newton's universal law of gravitation is a physical law that describes the attraction between two objects with mass. It is talked about in Isaac Newton's Philosophiae Naturalis Principia Mathematica. The law is part of classical mechanics.
The formula is
In this equation:
- Fg is the total gravitational force between the two objects.
- G is the gravitational constant.
- m1 is the mass of the first object.
- m2 is the mass of the second object.
- r is the distance between the centres of the objects.
Images for kids
Newton's law of universal gravitation Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.