Negative facts for kids
Negative may mean:
- Something negative can be something bad.
- A negative number is a number that is less than zero. 5 - 8 = -3.
- Some people also use negative the same way as "no", or other related words. "Not", "Never", "Nowhere" etc. are all negative words. On two-way radios the word "negative" is used instead of "no" to be clearer.
- In film photography, a film negative is an exposed picture or movie film that has been processed, and is ready to be used to make a print. In a negative, everything in the picture has the opposite color. Things that are white will be black, things that are red will be green, and things that are orange will be blue.
- Negative binary numbers
- Negative charge
- Negative exponent
- Negative feedback, a basic concept of cybernetics; it is the basis of regulation and control. It is important in engineering and physiology. In biology and physiology negative feedback is known as homeostasis
- Negative gravity
Negative Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.