Newton's law of universal gravitation facts for kids
Newton's universal law of gravitation is a physical law that describes the attraction between two objects with mass. It is talked about in Isaac Newton's Philosophiae Naturalis Principia Mathematica. The law is part of classical mechanics.
The formula is
In this equation:
- Fg is the total gravitational force between the two objects.
- G is the gravitational constant.
- m1 is the mass of the first object.
- m2 is the mass of the second object.
- r is the distance between the centers of the objects.
Images for kids
In Spanish: Ley de gravitación universal para niños
Newton's law of universal gravitation Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.