Ninji facts for kids
Ninji (仁治code: ja is deprecated ), also called Jinji, was a Japanese era name (年号,code: ja is deprecated , nengō,, lit. "year name") after En'ō and before Kangen. This period started in August 1240 and ended in January 1243. The reigning emperors were Shijō-tennō (四条天皇code: ja is deprecated ) and Go-Saga-tennō (後嵯峨天皇code: ja is deprecated ).
Events of the Ninji Era
- 1242 (Ninji 3, 10th day of the 1st month): In the 10th year of Shijō's reign, the emperor died; and the succession (senso) was received by the second son of former Emperor Tsuchimikado.
- 1242 (Ninji 3, 5th month): Emperor Go-Saga's role as emperor was confirmed by ceremonies (sokui).
- 14 July 1242 (Ninji 3, 15th day of the 6th month): Hōjō Yasutoki died at age 60.
- 7 October 1242 (Ninji 3, 12th day of the 9th month): Former Emperor Juntoku died in exile on Sado Island.
- National Diet Library, "The Japanese Calendar" -- historical overview plus illustrative images from library's collection
|Era or nengō:
Ninji Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.