Pav bhaji facts for kids
Pav bhaji is a fast food dish from India. It consists of a thick vegetable curry served with a soft bread roll. Its origins are in the state of Maharashtra.
The dish originated in the 1850s as lunchtime fast food for textile mill workers in Mumbai. Pav bhaji was later served at restaurants throughout the city. Pav bhaji is now available at different types of food providers, from simple pushcarts to formal restaurants. It may be found outside of India.
- Cheese pav bhaji, with cheese on top of the bhaji
- Fried pav bhaji, with the pav tossed in the bhaji
- Paneer pav bhaji, with paneer cheese in the bhaji
- Mushroom pav bhaji, with mushrooms in the bhaji
- Khada pav bhaji, with vegetable chunks in the bhaji
- Jain pav bhaji, without onions and garlic and with plantains instead of potatoes
- Kolhapuri pav bhaji, using a spice mix common in Kolhapur
- White pav bhaji, with no garam masala and no chilli powder
Images for kids
Pav bhaji Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.