Rustamid facts for kids
The Rustamid (or Rustumid, Rostemid) ruled part of North Africa in the from the 700's to 909. It was a Muslim theocracy. The capital was Tahert. It was in present-day Algeria. The group had a Persian origin. No one knows how big their land was but it went as far east as Jabal Nafusa in Libya.
- Abd ar-Rahman ibn Rustam ibn Bahram (776-784)
- Abd al-Wahhab ibn Abd ar-Rahman (784-832)
- Aflah ibn Abd al-Wahhab (832-871)
- Abu Bakr ibn Aflah (871)
- Muhammad Abul-Yaqzan ibn Aflah (871-894)
- Yusuf Abu Hatim ibn Muhammad Abil-Yaqzan (894-897)
- Yaqub ibn Aflah (897-901)
- Yusuf Abu Hatim ibn Muhammad Abil-Yaqzan, again (901-906)
- Yaqzan ibn Muhammad Abil-Yaqzan (906-909)
Rustamid Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.