Silver iodide facts for kids
Silver iodide is a yellow solid. It does not dissolve in water. It turns dark when light is shined on it. The darkening is caused by a chemical reaction. The silver iodide turns into silver and iodine.
Silver iodide is sprinkled in clouds to make rain. It can also be used in photographic film.
Silver iodide is toxic. It can stain skin. It is not as toxic as other silver compounds that dissolve in water. The iodide also is toxic.
Images for kids
Silver iodide Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.