St Edmund's Church, Holme Pierrepont facts for kids
Quick facts for kidsSt Edmund's Church, Holme Pierrepont
|Denomination||Church of England|
|Diocese||Southwell and Nottingham|
|Vicar(s)||Revd Mark Rodel|
|Honorary priest(s)||Revd Howard Bateson|
|Organist/Director of music||Ian Hepburn|
The church is Grade I listed by the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport as a building of outstanding architectural or historic interest.
The church has had a long association with Holme Pierrepont Hall.
The medieval church was largely re-built in 1666 by Henry Pierrepont, 1st Marquess of Dorchester. In 1878 Thomas Chambers Hine added the chancel.
It is now part of the combined parish of All Hallow's Church, Lady Bay.
- John Speed, 1578–1626
- Humphrey Perkins ca. 1718
- Samuel Berdmore 1719–1722 also Vicar of St Mary's Church, Nottingham
- Scrope Berdmore 1740–1770 also Vicar of St Mary's Church, Nottingham
- Thomas Donnithorne ???? - 1814
- James Jarvis Cleaver 1814–????
- Rev. James Jarvis Peach ???? - 1864?
- Henry Seymour
- Egbert Hacking ca. 1908–???? also from 1913 Archdeacon of Newark
- Rev WT Saward 1913-? Nottingham Newspaper, Nov 1921
- Canon R. P. Tinsley 1959–????
- Sir Henry Pierrepont, died 1499.
- Sir Henry Pierrepont, died 1615, father of Earl of Kingston upon Hull and Grace, Lady Manners
- Gertrude, wife of Robert Pierrepont, 1st Earl of Kingston-upon-Hull who died in 1649.
- John Oldham (poet)
- Evelyn Pierrepont
The east window of 1913 is by James Powell and Sons.
The organ was built by Charles Lloyd (organ builder) and won a gold medal at the Birmingham Trades Exhibition in 1865.
- Robert Bullock 1925 - ????
St Edmund's Church, Holme Pierrepont Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.