St Tola facts for kids
Quick facts for kidsSt Tola
|Country of origin||Ireland|
|Source of milk||Goat|
|Pasteurised||Both pasteurised and raw milk available|
Originally, the business was set up by Meg and Derrick Gordan on their 25-acre farm in the early 1980s, but since 1999 has been taken over by their neighbour, Siobhán Ni Ghairbhith, on her farm.
St Tola produce a number of goat's milk cheeses:
- St Tola Log Fresh is a fresh cheese available as log
- St Tola Log Mature is a more mature version of the fresh log
- St Tola Crottin are small rounds of fresh goats cheese
- St Tola Divine is a spreadable cream cheese
- St Tola Original is a slice of the mature log
- St Tola Hard Cheese is a gouda style hard goats' cheese.
- St Tola Greek Style is a firm cheese with a mild salty flavour.
- St Tola Ash Matured soft cheese with an ash coating
- St Tola Cranberry soft cheese with cranberry
- 2012 Premio Roma award Italy
- 2011 Awarded a 2 star Gold award for hard goats' cheese at the 2011 Great Taste Awards.
- 2010 Awarded the best organic retail product at Bord Bia's National Organic Awards
- 2010 Awarded a 2 star Gold award for hard goats' cheese at the 2010 Great Taste Awards.
St Tola Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.