The High Fructose Adventures of Annoying Orange facts for kids
Quick facts for kidsThe High Fructose Adventures of Annoying Orange
|Created by||Dane Boedigheimer
|Theme music composer||Sabrina Abu-Obeid
|Opening theme||"He's Orange!", performed by TeraBrite|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||60 (list of episodes)|
E. Gustavo Petersen
|Running time||11 minutes|
|Distributor||Henson Independent Properties|
|Original network||Cartoon Network|
|First shown in||May 28, 2012|
|Original release||June 11, 2012– March 17, 2014|
The High Fructose Adventures of Annoying Orange is an American comedy television series based on the characters from the web series The Annoying Orange, created by Dane Boedigheimer and Spencer Grove, which is made for the television by Boedigheimer himself with Tom Sheppard for Cartoon Network. It was produced by Boedigheimer's company Annoying Orange, Inc., alongside management company The Collective and 14th Hour Productions. A preview aired on May 28, 2012, and the official premiere was on June 11, 2012.
The show ended on March 17, 2014 with two seasons and sixty episodes, with a total of thirty episodes per season.
The show follows the lives of Orange and his friends: the sarcastic Pear, the sassy Passion Fruit, the tiny Midget Apple, the eccentric Marshmallow, the unlucky Apple, the elderly Grandpa Lemon, and the sometimes antagonistic Grapefruit. The show diverges from the YouTube series in that the Fruit Gang live on a fruit stand in a supermarket called "Daneboe's" (a reference to the creator Dane Boedigheimer) rather than in Dane Boedigheimer's kitchen.
A reoccurring character from the Annoying Orange YouTube series called Nerville (played by internet personality Toby Turner) now runs the supermarket (mainly as the janitor), and is the only human who can talk to the fruit.
List of The High Fructose Adventures of Annoying Orange episodes
- Orange (voiced by Dane Boedigheimer) – The main protagonist of the series. He is annoying, obnoxious, and partial to terrible puns. But deep down, Orange always means well, even though his boredom often drags his friends into ridiculous adventures. The series shows another side of Orange that differs from his YouTube persona and casts him as a wacky hero.
- Pear (voiced by Dane Boedigheimer) – Pear is Orange's best friend, and he often stands as the sole voice of reason in the fruit stand.
- Passion Fruit (voiced by Justine Ezarik) – Often referred to as "Passion", she is adorable, pragmatic, and smart. She has a crush on Orange, which is no secret, except to Orange, who sometimes remains completely oblivious.
- Midget Apple (voiced by Dane Boedigheimer) – An small apple with a scrappy demeanor. He prefers to be called "Little Apple", and a running gag is that he will correct anyone who calls him "Midget Apple".
- Marshmallow (voiced by Dane Boedigheimer) – Marshmallow is a cute, eternally upbeat, and cheerful marshmallow.
- Grapefruit (voiced by Robert Jennings) – Grapefruit is a hulking man-boy who thinks of himself as "large and in charge". He believes he is in a rivalry with Orange for Passion Fruit's affection, but she has no interest in him.
- Apple (voiced by Harland Williams) – Apple is an insecure and pessimistic criticizer who rarely joins Orange's adventures for fear he will get bruised, though he usually ends up even worse off just by staying behind. There is a running gag where Apple gets killed in every episode, similar to Kenny McCormick from South Park.
- Grandpa Lemon (voiced by Kevin Brueck) – Grandpa Lemon is the befuddled, elder statesman of the fruit stand. He thinks he is everybody's grandpa and has a habit of falling asleep mid-sentence.
- Nerville (played by Toby Turner) – Nerville is an employee at Daneboes Fruit Store, where he lives, and is the only human who can talk to the fruits (as other humans dismiss it as insanity). He is a close friend to the fruits.
- Coconut (voiced by Tom Kenny) – Good-natured, but dim and hard-headed, Coconut is an occasional member of the Fruit Gang where he serves as the muscle.
- Peach (voiced by Felicia Day) – Another member of the Fruit Gang, she is a peach who normally makes cameos.
- Broccoli Alien Overlord (voiced by Rob Paulsen) – An evil alien broccoli, who speaks with an English accent, and serves as the main antagonist of the series. He is bent on enslaving Earth and becoming superior to fruit, though later his goals seem to be focused solely on destroying the Fruit Cart.
- Guava (voiced by Tom Kenny) is a member of the Fruit Gang who got women's legs after dreaming about them.
- Ginger (voiced by Felicia Day) – An organic ginger root who has a crush on Pear.
- Elderly Banana (voiced by Tom Sheppard) - A very old and ripe banana that talks about scary stuff when he is with the Fruit Gang.
- Big Rock Candy Monster (voiced by John DiMaggio) – A monster made entirely of rock candy and a native of the planet Marshmalia. Upset because marshmallows took their place in desserts, he swore revenge against them. After his initial appearance, he becomes a reoccurring character. He has also appeared in the Annoying Orange YouTube channel in a Gangnam Style parody video.
Special guest stars
- Carlos Alazraqui as Cyber-Pear, Jalapeño
- Curtis Armstrong as Pea
- Dee Bradley Baker as Blinky, Veggie Zombie Leader, Bananadon
- Ben Giroux as the Ugly Princess of the Realm
- Jim Belushi as Jim Salad
- Jeff Bennett as Potato, Veggie Zombies
- Dane Boedigheimer as Camping Dude, Kingpin, Security Officers, Neighborhood Watch Posse, Tennis Ball, Fruit, Apple, Orange on tree, Pauly Dingdang, Lettuce, Palace Gourd
- Matt Bomer as Joseph Celery
- Kevin Brueck as Kingpin, Milk Bottle, Baby Kumquat, Neighborhood Watch Posse, Apple Trebek, the Bries Member #1
- Peter Browngardt as Cyber-Marshmallow 9000
- Corey Burton as Cyber-Apple
- Greg Cipes as Joey the carrot
- Blake Clark as Sheriff Cantaloupe
- Cuddles as Herself
- Tim Curry as Arugula, Endive, Professor Plum, Reporter
- Michael Clarke Duncan as King Marshmallow: Marshmallow's Father, Chunkee Cheeses
- Alice Cooper as Himself
- David Cross as Shakesparagus Speare
- Jim Cummings as Tomato, Pineapple, Tennis Ball, the Bries Member #2 and the Market Grandmaster
- Shane Dawson as Popcorn, the Ghost of Christmas Past, Kevin Bacon
- Felicia Day as Marshmallow, Daneboe's Customer, Zucchini Actress, Starrie
- Grey DeLisle as Cherry, Cyber-Passion, Happy Finish
- Jack DeSena as Green Bean Sam
- Jessica DiCicco as Cantaloupe, Princess Peach
- John DiMaggio as Leader of the Squashies, Sweet Cookie, Tumble Weed, Mango
- Carl Edwards as Chariot Racer (Ep. 221 – 'Orange Julius Caesar') (Season 2)
- Greg Ellis as Cyber-Grandpa Lemon
- Stephen Furst
- Bill Fagerbakke as Turnip
- Gilbert Gottfried as Celery Judge
- Scott Grimes as Dr. Cauliflower
- Dave Grohl as Mayor Chipwich
- Jennifer Hale as Pinky
- Armie Hammer as Cranberry, the Ghost of Christmas Future
- Jess Harnell as the Cyber-Midget 4000
- Tony Hawk as Ripe Rind
- Gabriel Iglesias as Chicken, Mr. Juicy Fun, Mr. Cash and Smash, Krazy Klaus
- Eddie Izzard as Sean
- Kendall Jenner as Strawberry
- Robert Jennings as Zucchini, Kingpin, Milk Bottle, Neighborhood Watch Posse, Stomach Shark, Tumblewood, Kiwi
- Carly Rae Jepsen as Swiss Cheese Singer
- Ashley Johnson as Jenny Applesauce
- Michael Johnson as Young Orange
- Tom Kenny as Malacorn, Banger, Announcer, Kiwi Flight Attendant, Mandarin (Cutesie), Watermelon, Teddy Juicer, Onions, Herb, Moriartichoke, The Beet-Uls, Docturnip Who
- Phil LaMarr as Corny, Samuel Jackfruit, Auto Pilot, Fusilli the Kid, Brianca, Cupcake, The Breeze Member 3#, Apple (Fruiturama), Bobby, Eggplant
- Matt Lanter as Pepper Jack Actor
- Kellan Lutz
- Jane Lynch as Cob
- Mark Hamill as Dr. Swiss DiVil
- Slash as Squish the Guitarist
- Tress MacNeille as Cyber-Peach, Strawberry, Female Tennis Ball, Pea Girl #3, Babs Bunny
- Sam Marin as Jacob Marley the Tater Tot
- Aaron Massey as Hamster and Onion Ring
- Jack McBrayer
- Malcolm McDowell as the Dark Knight
- Maria Menounos as Herself
- Bret Michaels as Himself, Knife
- Kylie Minogue
- Brandon Molale as Thug
- Juan Pablo Montoya as Chariot Racer (Ep. 221 – 'Orange Julius Caesar') (Season 2)
- Olivia Munn
- Nanook as Himself
- Patton Oswalt as Inky, Clyde
- Jim Parsons as Henry Applesauce
- Seth Green as Rambutan Steve, Lychee Ross, Cucumber, Pepper
- Rob Paulsen as Marshmallow Warriors, Dr. Sigmund Fruit, Dr. Fruitenstein, Thomas Jefferson, Rock, Apricot, President Dane, Junior
- Jim Rash as Pineapple Joe
- James Remar as Jack Berry
- Leah Remini as Polly Prune, Butch Ravioli
- Kevin Michael Richardson as Quan Chi
- Jason Ritter as Mario
- Jason Marsden as Cake
- Kristen Schaal as Blueberry, Eggplant
- Jeremy Shada as Dustin Berry, Apple Jr.
- Josh Shada as Baby Carrot
- Zack Shada as Midget Pear/Little Pear
- William Shatner as Grandpa Apple
- Alan Shearman as Heirloom Tomato, Blue
- Dina Sherman as Cucumber
- Tom Sheppard as Camping Dude, Unicorn DJ Princess Buttercup, Eggplant, Turnip, Onion, Li'l Squishy, Neighborhood Watch Posse, Singer
- Kath Soucie as Eggfruit, Starrie, Pea Girl #2, Baby Sparkle
- Nick Swardson as Jason Jr., Zorzam
- Cree Summer as Apple Singer, Honey Dew Dew, Pomegranate
- George Takei as Pepper McPotts
- Jeffrey Tambor as Mr. Orange, Blueberry
- Jim Tasker as FNN Announcer, Fruit Fruitale
- Fred Tatasciore as Cyber-Grapefruit
- Danny Trejo as Cupcake Leader and El Dente
- Toby Turner as Smithins
- Patrick Warburton as Cyber-Orange, Big Mike Watermelon, Buzz Lightyear
- Frank Welker as Giant Mole, Buzzards, Pingu
- Billy West as Officer Pomegranate, Kebab, the Ghost of Christmas Present, Beet, Hubert Farnsworth
- Olivia Wilde as Rainbow Fairy
- Billy Dee Williams as Old Carrot
- Harland Williams as Corn, Milk Bottle, Neighborhood Watch Posse, Ninja Tomato Leader, Lime
- Matthew Willig as Thug
- Rainn Wilson as Dr. Po
- "Weird Al" Yankovic as Himself, Sherleek Holmes and Hamburger
- Leonard Nimoy as Durian Dave
On December 5, 2014, Boedigheimer publicly confirmed the cancellation of the series on his webseries, Daneboe Exposed.
On April 24, 2015, Boedigheimer claimed that one of the main cause of the series cancellation was the shutdown of his studio, due to Collective Digital Studio closing their film and television division, and subsequently Collective was acquired by ex-Kirch media company ProSiebenSat.1 Media.
The High Fructose Adventures of Annoying Orange Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.