Timeline of Mountain View, California facts for kids
Prior to 20th century
- Settlement named "Mountain View."
- Public school opens.
- 1867 - Rengstorff House (residence) built.
- 1888 - Mountain View Register newspaper begins publication.
- 1900 - Bank of Mountain View in business.
- November 7: Mountain View incorporated.
- Mountain View Union High School opens.
- "Electric streetlights, telephone service and a municipal water system" begin operating (approximate date).
- 1904 - Seventh-day Adventist Pacific Press Publishing Association moves to town.
- Mountain View Public Library established.
- Farmers and Merchants Bank built.
- 1906 - April 18: 1906 San Francisco earthquake.
- 1909 - Town Hall built.
- 1930 - Mountain View Theater opens.
- 1933 - US Naval Air Station Moffet Field established.
- Monte Vista Drive-In cinema in business.
- Population: 6,563.
- 1954 - Mountain View Historical Association formed.
- 1955 - February 24: Birth of Steve Jobs.
- 1956 - Beckman Instruments' Shockley Semiconductor Laboratory active.
- 1960 - Population: 30,889.
- 1968 - Intel Corporation and Monolithic Memories in business.
- 1970 - Regional Metropolitan Transportation Commission established.
- 1975 - Old Mill Mall (shopping centre) in business.
- 1979 - Kannon Do Zen Center active.
- 1982 - Grid Compass laptop computer introduced.
- 1985 - Actel Corporation and Century cinema in business.
- 1987 - Downtown Mountain View Station opens.
- 1994 - Santa Clara County government computer network begins operating.
- 1997 - City website online (approximate date).
- 1999 - Google Inc. in business.
- 2002 - Computer History Museum opens.
- 2010 - Population: 74,066.
- 2014 - John McAlister becomes mayor.
- Patricia Showalter becomes mayor.
- Rent control approved.
Timeline of Mountain View, California Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.