Tokyo (disambiguation) facts for kids
Tokyo may mean:
- Tokyo, a metropolitan area with traditional city at its center and including parts of the surrounding prefectures and islands in the Pacific Ocan
- Prefecture of Tokyo or Tokyo Prefecture, established in 1943
City and Prefecture
The history of Tokyo includes
- 1457-present: Tokyo
- 1457-1869: historical Edo or Edō (江戸), see
- 1869-1943: historical Tokyo Prefecture or Tokyo-fu (東京府), also known as Tōkei-fu
- 1889-1943: historical Tokyo, Tokyo or Tokyo-shi (東京市), also known as "Tokyo City"
- 1943-present: Tokyo Metropolis or Tokyo-to (東京都)
- Traditional Tokyo or the Special wards of Tokyo are 23 cities occupying the place that was formerly the city of Tokyo
- List of articles that begin with "Tokyo"
- F.C. Tokyo, a professional association football team in Tokyo
Tokyo (disambiguation) Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.