Wheelgate Park facts for kids
Robin Hoods Wheelgate Park is a 30 acre family theme park and water park in Farnsfield, Nottinghamshire, England. The park includes two large indoor play centres, a farm and a water park, all included with admission.
Formerly known as Wonderland Adventure Park, in 2007 the park gained new management by Bendalls Leisure Ltd who also owns Twinlakes Theme Park and Woodlands Family Theme Park in Melton Mowbray and Devon, changed its name to Wheelgate Park, and underwent major redevelopment resulting in two new indoor play centres and new play equipment. In December 2012 it was reopened as "Robin Hoods Wheelgate Park" after development to build a water-park on the site which was opened at the beginning of 2013. The site is also home to escape games uk. The park is open all year round excluding Christmas, Boxing Day, and New Years.
Animals are the residents of Wheelgate Park, and throughout the park there are many places where kids can see and visit the animals. There are many animals in the Animal Adventure Zone, including rabbits, goats, ponies, snakes and other reptiles, a mongoose, llamas, pigs and birds.
There are many play zones within the park each having a specific associated theme. Within each zone, are rides and activities that follow the theme of each zone. The zones are as follows:
- Alien Galaxy Zone: A 20,000 sq ft galactic indoor zone full of rides and games
- Animal Adventure Zone: A 10,000 sq ft area of animals, interactive activities and close encounters
- Black Diamond Mining Zone: Features rides, and an area where kids can play in the sand. This is also the only area of the park to contain a roller coaster, High Hazel Mine Train.
- Land of The Pharaohs Zone: 20,000 sq ft indoor play centre, which features a swing ride, and a soft play containing 6 slides.
- Robin Hood Zone: Outdoor adventure for all ages, including the water park and many rides and games
- Sheriff's Falconry Zone: Birds of Prey exhibit their speed, grace and dexterity and demonstrate their abilities
- The Tropical Zone: Old fashioned fun including rides and games, meeting tropical birds and animals, and indoor play for kids
Wheelgate Park Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.