Wubbzy's Big Movie! facts for kids
Quick facts for kidsWubbzy's Big Movie!
|Directed by||James Burks
|Written by||Bob Boyle
|Music by||Mike Reagan|
|Distributed by||Anchor Bay Entertainment|
|Release date(s)||August 29, 2008|
|Running time||76 minutes|
Wubbzy's Big Movie! is a 2008 American flash-animated musical comedy made-for-TV film based on the Wow! Wow! Wubbzy! television series which premiered on Starz Kids & Family on Friday, August 29, 2008, produced by Starz Animation and Bolder Media in association with Film Roman. It is the first Wow! Wow! Wubbzy! project not to air on Nickelodeon, as of Starz producing the series. A sequel, Wubb Idol, premiered on Nickelodeon on May 1, 2009.
When Wubbzy loses his memory, it's up to his friends to help him get it back.
Wubbzy, Widget and Walden are going to get some doodleberry pie, but Wubbzy ends up tripping over a rock, smashes his head down a hill and ends up getting Knockity-Noggin and being unable to remember who he is. Widget and Walden try help Wubbzy recover his memory, but fail miserably. Previously aired episodes from the TV series are used for flashbacks when one of the characters recalls a moment to help Wubbzy remember. The episodes included: "Puddle Muddle", "The Tired Tail", "Pirate Treasure", "Come Spy with Me", "A Tale of Tails", "Perfecto Party", and "Monster Madness". There are also references from "Wubbzy in the Woods" and "Escape from Dino Island". In continuity sense, the film takes place right after the events of "Puddle Muddle" and a week after the events of "The Tired Tail" which he hurts his tail last week as said by Dr. Flooey.
The film nearly ends when Wubbzy still cannot remember anything, so Widget ejects him off the chair, sending him flying. He begins falling down a hill, while his head gets continually smashed by the force, eventually landing on his bottom. Widget asks Wubbzy if he is okay, Wubbzy replies back to Widget: "Yeah, I'm fine! Come on, let's go get that doodleberry pie!". Walden then asks Wubbzy if he remembers doodleberry pie, then he replies: "Sure, I love doodleberry pie!" Then Widget asks Wubbzy if he remembers Widget and Walden, Wubbzy then replies: "Of course, you guys are the best friends ever, I never forget you!". Walden then concludes to Wubbzy and Widget that Wubbzy has his memory recovered and that he is back to normal.
Then, Widget and Walden then go get some doodleberry pie with Wubbzy, when all of a sudden Wubbzy ends up mooing for one last time, which of course he implies he was kidding. Wubbzy, Widget and Walden end up laughing about it, and the film ends.
- Grey DeLisle as Wubbzy / Buggy / Kooky Kid / Old Lady / Madame Zabinga / Jumping Kid #1.
- Lara Jill Miller as Widget / Huggy / Old Lady Zamboni.
- Tara Strong as Ball Kid #2 / Jumping Kid #2 / Swinging Kid #1.
- Carlos Alazraqui as Walden / Earl / Swinging Kid #2 / Ball Kid #1 / Photographer / Dr. Flooey / Chef Fritz / Moo Moo the Magician / Sweet Tooth Tom / Store Clerk / Announcer / TV character.
Touchdown Tiki, Jann Starl, and Ty Ty the Tool Guy have no lines in this movie.
UK voice cast
- Janet James as Wubbzy / Buggy / Kooky (Crazy in the UK) Kid / Old Lady / Old Lady Zamboni / Madame Zabinga / Jumping Kid #2
- Julie Ann-Dean as Widget / Huggy
- Lynn Cleckner as Ball Kid #2 / Jumping Kid #2 / Swinging Kid #1
- Wayne Forester as Walden / Earl / Swinging Kid #2 / Ball Kid #1 / Photographer / Dr. Flooey / Chef Fritz / Moo Moo the Magician / Sweet Tooth Tom / Store Clerk / Announcer / TV character
A sequel, Wubb Idol, was released direct-to-TV on May 1, 2009.
Wubbzy's Big Movie! Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.